We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Aus
Level Contributor
142 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Just spent the last two days using the services of Jason Superstar. We booked him based on the great reviews here on TA. I did the same thing in Thailand last year so I wanted a personal guide again.

The first day with Jason we went to the Mekong Delta. Jason is very flexible with how long you have and what you want to see. Obviously its great to take his advice as he knows the area and history very well.

Everything was planned out perfectly. He had organised boats for us, showed us around local markets and parts of towns that you would never see if you were to go in a large tour group.

He organised a great lunch with a local family which was great. The family were very friendly and we had a beautiful lunch and grest interaction with the family. An excellent experience.

Travel was by a new comfortable car and you could just sit back and relax and take in the scenery on the way and back.

The second day Jason took us to the Cu Chi tunnels. I know you could get on a bus tour to do the same but going early in a private car is the best way as well as a good history lesson and the ability to have someone who can answer your questions.

Jason got us there before the horrible big tour buses turned up. We even got a Jack fruit off a tree there and got into it, It was small and sweet - just great. You dont get that on a big tour. Its the best thing to have someone with you personally who an answer every question you have from "how far does that go" to "whats this stuff we are eating"

Everything you do and all the locations are photographed by Jason and he gives you a copy of you days activities on disc to remember. If you dont want to take photos or dont want to miss out on just looking around this is great.

I can highly recommend Jason as a guide for anywhere in the HCMC, Mekong area. His services are excellent and the value for money that you get with all the boat rides, lunch is worth every cent. Jason is punctual, knowledgable and a great person to spend some time with as there are plenty of laughs.

Highly recommended. Jason Superstar - 5 star Superstar.

Regards

Paul

TNK Travel
Cooking Classes, Bus Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Maika Tours
Cultural Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Food Tours
Vietnamdreams Travel
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Multi-day Tours
Tam Global Travel - Day Tours
City Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
East Anglia
Level Contributor
342 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

That sounds great we have booked him for the one day Mekong tour and are looking forward to it

K

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,086 posts
1,954 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Jason has a great reputation on this forum.

Did a city tour by night with Jason in HCMC and had a great night out. Went on a boat cruise with fire dancers and where I was the only westerner on board.

Tommo

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Our family of 4 went on a one day trip to the Mekong with Jason two weeks ago and had a fabulous time. Ello10 discribed his tour perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself. He is a very courtious and professional gentleman and it was a pleasure to share our day with him.

It was great not having to deal with dozens of other tourist at every stop. We went to places I am sure not many others would go to except with Jason. My only regret is that we didn't book any more tours with him due to lack of time. I am sure if we had we would have seen even more of the real Vietnam.

So for anyone who wants a private tour, Jason is the one for you. Believe me , you will not regret it.

Aus
Level Contributor
142 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Cant speak highly enough of Jason. To those who have him booked for future dates it will no doubt be the highlight of your trip.

Enjoy.

seattle, WA
Level Contributor
179 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Can you tell me more about the boat trip with the fire dancers?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,086 posts
1,954 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

I think the boat was called My Cahn. Its a great authentic non touristy experience.

I know Jason reads the forum. He may wish to provide more information.

Tommo

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

You can enjoy fire dancers on My Canh cruise or Tau Saigon. mostly they have live music show and you will be a singer if you want to and stop around 10 minutes for the fire show on the 2nd floor. Too noisy and crowded....and hard to see as many move toward the show. Food is cold and awful..... highly recommend Bon Sai wooden cruise by night on saigon river. check it out.

be careful when the latest report about Din Ky sunken boat on Saigon river!!!!

H G
Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

We also booked Jason after reading the reviews on TA and were not disappointed. Jason took us to the Mekong Delta for the day, we went to the local markets and rode a sampan, as well as another boat up the Mekong. We learned a lot from him as he is very knowledgable. We decided to book him for the next day to take us to the Cu Chi tunnels and a half day around HCMC. We had another great day thanks to Jason. He truly is a SUPERSTAR!

Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Can you please let me know Jason/s contact details or where I can find them on TA

I'm new to trip advisor so not sure where to look

thanks

H G
Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

I think he has a website - sites.google.com/site/jasonsuperstarvietnam/

He usually gets back to people pretty quickly (he did for us).

Hope you enjoy HCMC!