We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Aus
Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Just spent the last two days using the services of Jason Superstar. We booked him based on the great reviews here on TA. I did the same thing in Thailand last year so I wanted a personal guide again.

The first day with Jason we went to the Mekong Delta. Jason is very flexible with how long you have and what you want to see. Obviously its great to take his advice as he knows the area and history very well.

Everything was planned out perfectly. He had organised boats for us, showed us around local markets and parts of towns that you would never see if you were to go in a large tour group.

He organised a great lunch with a local family which was great. The family were very friendly and we had a beautiful lunch and grest interaction with the family. An excellent experience.

Travel was by a new comfortable car and you could just sit back and relax and take in the scenery on the way and back.

The second day Jason took us to the Cu Chi tunnels. I know you could get on a bus tour to do the same but going early in a private car is the best way as well as a good history lesson and the ability to have someone who can answer your questions.

Jason got us there before the horrible big tour buses turned up. We even got a Jack fruit off a tree there and got into it, It was small and sweet - just great. You dont get that on a big tour. Its the best thing to have someone with you personally who an answer every question you have from "how far does that go" to "whats this stuff we are eating"

Everything you do and all the locations are photographed by Jason and he gives you a copy of you days activities on disc to remember. If you dont want to take photos or dont want to miss out on just looking around this is great.

I can highly recommend Jason as a guide for anywhere in the HCMC, Mekong area. His services are excellent and the value for money that you get with all the boat rides, lunch is worth every cent. Jason is punctual, knowledgable and a great person to spend some time with as there are plenty of laughs.

Highly recommended. Jason Superstar - 5 star Superstar.

Regards

Paul

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
11. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

I did a day tour of the Mekong Delta with Jason Superstar, in early January. He IS an excellent guide. Jason is very friendly, personable and informative. He has a great sense of humour; quite a character! The tour was great. We went to Cao Be, walked through a village, did a boat trip on the Mekong and had lunch at a family's home, on the river. I even caught my own fish for lunch!

Jason was very knowledgeable and gave me a cd and dvd at the end of a fabulous day. I also did his half day tour of HCMC/Saigon. This was fanastic, including the war museum, Notre Dame and Chinatown. Again, he gave me a cd and dvd at the end of the day, with photos and video. I'd recommend Jason to anyone going to HCMC/Saigon. He's top class!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
12. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

hi all,

I'm planning to book Jason too. He has been greatly praised by forumer in TA, but may I know roughly how much he charge for Mekong Delta full day tour as well as Cu Chi tunnel day tour?

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
13. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

It was about $US125 for the full day Mekong Delta Tour - well worth it!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,085 posts
2,243 reviews
14. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Why not contact him direct for a price. It really depends on your requirements.

Tommo

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
119 reviews
15. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

About the boat trip with Fire Dancer. We did this with Jason SSS and it was such a funny evening. Don't recall the name of the boat - Jason would know. The evening commenced with three traditional music performers very serious & straight faced. The tempo changed when a young girl came out and did a Michael Jackson routine, she then launched into a fire dance and became a bit raunchy with her twirling fire sticks.. Mostly the guests were Asian families - some of the men were goggle eyed watching and moved up front to get a closer look while mum and the kids kept eating - of course there was a bit of fancy stuff to try and cajole some tips out of the male oglers - not much luck as they quickly returned to their families. Then the straight faced performers came back on and returned to playing their traditional music. Surreal...

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
16. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

We used Jason's services over Christmas in December 2011 for a two day tour through the Mekong delta. Very special!

He took us (group of 5 friends) to floating markets way earlier than any other tourists showed up, made videos/DVDs for us on the fly, customized the tour last minute when we wanted to see some special restaurants we had not thought of before, was highly knowledgeable about the war, and basically managed to pack our days with so much more stuff than we could have ever pulled off on our own.

Most importantly, he operates his own business as the single employee. Other tour guides occasionally work with replacements or assistants when they get too much business, but judging on Jason's explanation, he never does that. I think that's important. Not only do I like supporting independently owned businesses, but it ensures he can keep the quality of the tour up at a consistent level.

In summary, I most highly recommend Jason Superstar Services!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,085 posts
2,243 reviews
17. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Flyingstars

The boat with the fire dancers was called My Cahn. I also did this boat trip with Jason.

More information on this thread:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293925-i8433-k…

Tommo

Port Pirie
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
18. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

For a group of 9 (5 adults, 4 teenagers), any idea how much we would expect to pay for day trip to Mekong Delta, and a trip to Cu Chi tunnels.? We will be in HCMC in July.

nsw
Level Contributor
788 posts
27 reviews
19. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

We love Jason,

We did a couple of tours with him in 2008. After our tours were over & we had moved onto the next he continued to ring us nearly everyday & check we were ok.

He took a particular shine to my mum & was very attentive to her making sure she was ok & being looked after.

He is worth every cent especially for a first timer.

Red

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
20. Re: Jason Superstar - Excellent Guide

Ya gotta love it Jason.... Oops I just bumped you ;)

Owee

www.owee58.com