We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? Air asia

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
80 reviews
? Air asia

Am looking at Air Asia from the Gold Coast (Australia) to HCMC via Kuala Lumpur, my question is - as they are a low cost airline what happens if the flight from OZ is delayed, will they transfer you to another flight from KL to HCMC or are you stuck and have to buy a new ticket - anybody had experience with this. Don't even want to think about them if that is the case, will go instead to Darwin and fly Jetstar

Sydney
Level Contributor
296 posts
71 reviews
21. Re: ? Air asia

Hubby and I will once again use Air Asia for a flight to KL next Saturday but prefer to stay overnight in the Tune Hotel which is opposite the terminal and very cheap. We will fly out to Saigon early the next morning. That way if the flight is delayed we won't be stressed. We have flown many times with Air Asia but realise it is a low cost airlines so we can't expect the same service etc as the more expensive airlines. I guess if your time is too restrictive then you wouldn't want to waste the overnight stay but we feel it's well worth it.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
13 posts
37 reviews
22. Re: ? Air asia

We have flown G/C to KL 4 times, 3 times onto Viet and once to China, we always take the break and stay in the Tune Hotel across the road overnight and fly out the next day. I have always found AA to be on time and courteous, sure LCCT is a mess at customs but they seem to get through everybody pretty quickly, and if you are connecting you don't even have to go there.

What ever you choose chill out and enjoy.

Des

23. Re: ? Air asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:15