We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Yet Clean Hotel in Saigon?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
104 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Yet Clean Hotel in Saigon?

I am looking for a hotel in Saigon for $30 or less a night. The management has to be trustworthy enough to keep my luggage while I go biking on the Mekong Delta. I prefer district 1 so I can walk to the main tourist sites. Thank you.

XO Tours
Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Back of the Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Private Tours
Saigon Adventure
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Onetrip Motorcycle Adventures
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,756 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Yet Clean Hotel in Saigon?

Bich Duyen- 2 star- really good and recommended often on these pages.

Its right in the centre of D1. If you can go bit more then Elios.

Cheers Ross

Edited: 17 May 2012, 08:26
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,363 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Yet Clean Hotel in Saigon?

Bowenarrow said it already, the Bich Duyen - can't get better than that in the Pham Ngu Lao in my opinion. No website, but you can book on Hostelworld or send an email to the manager, Chanh - bichduyenhotel@yahoo.com

In case that one is full, you could go next door to the Blue River Hotel or the sister hotel of the Bich on Bui Vien, the Hong Han Hotel.

I paid $27. for the nice room w/window at the Bich in Nov '10 - their cheap rooms have no windows

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Yet Clean Hotel in Saigon?

You could try the Hong Hac Hotel 34A Thu Khoa Huan which is behind the Ben Thanh Market. You need to negotiate and request a window if that's important. I've left luggage there in the past and its been OK. This area (aside from the Friday night market) is rather quiet in the evening.

4. Re: Affordable Yet Clean Hotel in Saigon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:16