We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi or HCMC?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
241 posts
50 reviews
Hanoi or HCMC?

Thinking of touring Vietnam next March for around 8 days

would love to cruise the halong bay for a couple of days Haven't done a lot of reading as yet but we love shopping eating and all the other things you do on hols not into architecture or parks

Our budget is mid range and like to stay in the thick of everything love the beach but we will be going to Penang after Vietnam so that's not a problem

Should we fly into Hanoi and hang out around there or fly in HMNC

and then off to Hanoi?

Please help

Regards

Lisa and Darren

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
241 posts
50 reviews
11. Re: Hanoi or HCMC?

Hi mudbogga...think you have posted this in the wrong forum

cheers

lisa and darren

Brisbane
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
12. Re: Hanoi or HCMC?

I agree with the others here - I am a bit biased because I love Hanoi but if you have 8 days, halong bay is a breathtaking place to be but to get the most from the experience, an overnight junk is a special experience to have. In my experience, the remaining time could easily be spent wandering around Hanoi and sampling the incredible food on offer! I haven't been to Ho Chi Minh city yet - that is coming up in a few weeks for me... I am really looking forwards to it and will let you know what it think - for what it is worth..! Creaking Bones always has excellent advice and I have referred to their judgement on many occassions when planning this trip.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
241 posts
50 reviews
13. Re: Hanoi or HCMC?

Thank you paddo_jo will put this away in the bank let me know what you think

of HCMC

Regards

Lisa

14. Re: Hanoi or HCMC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:42