We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,764 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Seems a lot are past their use by date........... …vnagency.com.vn/social-issues/224935/old-hy…

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Do you think the busses are any safer?

Owee

www.owee58.com

Edited: 20 May 2012, 15:55
Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

never used hydrofoil to get to vungtau before .. however, i drove car and motorbike for several times from hcmc .. the road from bien hoa to vung tau was in too bad condition until the last Sept .. once i had to ride under the heavy rain. poor me. still remember until now. dont know if the construction is completed or not.

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
937 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

The buses are probably not safer, but does that mean it's ok to use past their use by date, old boats

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Owee

Do you think the busses are any safer?

-----------

Hardly :-) but it beginning to sound a bit like a repeat of Ha Long Bay. Maybe they're waiting for the really bad one to happen before they actually start to do something.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,937 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

You seem to be keeping your finger firmly on the VN pulse Bertie - a return ticket on the cards perhaps?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Not at the price I saw on BA site yesterday CB.........September, economy, over £3000 return. Must think I fly cuckoo class.

But I do like to keep up to speed. Makes life easier when the wheels touch down again. Unfortunately, it's looking more like early part of next year rather than this!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,937 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Ah, I guessed that some hankering was going on!

Looking on the bright side, if you do have to wait until early next year, at least you'll be exchanging the worst of the UK cold for the warmth of HCMC.

You could keep your eye on the Cathay Pacific website closer to the time - there are always bargains to be had about 3 months in advance. Longer flying time than you're used to though. On the 8.15 pm flight it's 17 hours from Heathrow to Hanoi, including an hour in Hong Kong, so I suppose it will be about 19 hours to HCMC all in.

Mentioned in this post
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,886 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Bertie I suppose you've looked all around but Emirates to Singapore 17 hours on A380 is GBP1030 return. After Changi you do have to get on the Tiger bus to HCMC might add GBP100.

Cheers Ross

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Ross, I can get return flights to HCMC, starting from as little as £540 with a minimal stop over on Emirates. Even Singapore Airlines was coming in at around £650. Not really certain what was going on with the BA site but 3 grand was stupid money. I even emailed them to tell them so!

Mmmm .... hydrofoils, lucky they fly!

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to Vung Tau on the hydrofoil... something to consider

Bertie.... I will keep the beer cold until then ;)

Owee

www.owee58.com