We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre-paid sim card (at astara??)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
pre-paid sim card (at astara??)

hello !

i am crossing into az via astara border (iran) in early June and was wondering whats the fastest way to get my hands on a sim card? we are staying in masally the first night, so wondering if they have something at the border? (my research found that baku will not be an issue, many options)

thanks all:)

4 replies to this topic
Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: pre-paid sim card (at astara??)

Good day. You can buy a sim car at Azercell branch office. Azercell is the local provider.

The address at Astara - Heydar Aliyev Avenue 249

Working hours: Monday – Friday: 10:00 – 18:00 (lunch break: 14:00 - 15:00). Saturday: 10:00 – 16:00 (lunch break: 14:00 - 15:00). Sunday, holidays and national mourning day are non-working days.

The address at Masally - Mir Javad bey Talishkhanov avenue, 71.

Working hours: Monday – Friday: 10:00 – 18:00 (lunch break: 14:00 - 15:00). Saturday: 10:00 – 16:00 (lunch break: 14:00 - 15:00). Sunday, holidays and national mourning day are non-working days.

The price of the sim card starts from 3 AZN.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre-paid sim card (at astara??)

wow amazing thanks for both info, as were arriving on sunday, hence the astara will not work for us.

many thanks

Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: pre-paid sim card (at astara??)

You are welcome. I think you can just take a taxi and they will show where its located. The taxis are very cheap in the regions. Have a nice holiday! :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pre-paid sim card (at astara??)

Funny you should mention that because I was just about to post a question.

Are Uber's available at the border? To go to masilly? One thing I hate is haggling with taxi drivers ;)

Reply to: pre-paid sim card (at astara??)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baku
;