We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique type hotel....

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
4 reviews
Boutique type hotel....

Hi all,

Any thoughts on a nice boutique type of place to stay in PP...

Must have a nice pool for our 10 yr old and places nearby to walk out for a beer and evening dinner!!!

Thanks & cheers

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,804 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Boutique type hotel....

have a look at somewhere like agoda or booking.com - both show maps and you can filter for things like pool & your budget. Anywhere along the riverfront (or within just a couple of blocks back from the river) will suit in terms of evening meals & entertainment.

if you need help to narrow down a shortlist come back and there will be lots of people who can help

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,451 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Boutique type hotel....

Hello theparkiesjersey

"Boutique" hotels are, in some cases, not very keen about having children on their premises so it would be prudent to check this out prior to committing to any firm bookings. Some "Boutique" Hotels have a "No Children Under 16" policy so check the fine print.

One place that is welcoming of children is the MAADS Group Kabiki Hotel which has quite large grounds and a good sized pool for children to enjoy and burn off some of that energy that many adults once had.

I've stayed at the Kabiki Hotel a number of times. It's location is in a guarded and gated short road off Street $ 19, right behind the Royal Palace.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Edited: 19 May 2017, 06:13
jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Boutique type hotel....

Thanks,

I was looking at Kabiki...very good rates,

Cheers

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: Boutique type hotel....

the teahouse looks great

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,451 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Boutique type hotel....

Hello again parkers

I know the Teahouse which is another of the MAADS hotels. It's got 52 rooms and a smallish pool within an atrium-style inner courtyard. As a hotel, it is nice. However, it's the location that doesn't suit me.

True, it's almost next door to the large and brand new Lumiere Hotel and round the corner from the CCF smart up-market training restaurant, Black Bambu. But all said and done, this is not a walkers location sandwiched as it is between the two major cross-city thoroughfares of Monivong Blvd and Norodom Blvd. Which means use of tuk tuks for most of one's activities. Tuk tuks are no longer cheap in Phnom Penh and their frequent use soon adds up to far more than beer money. But if these matters are not of concern then it is a very nice place and in fact I was in Teahouse in late April but not staying there.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Edited: 19 May 2017, 17:11
11 posts
6. Re: Boutique type hotel....

Hi..just looked at Kabiki hotel. $50/night. Can you recommend a budget accommodation? 1st time coming to PP

Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
117 reviews
7. Re: Boutique type hotel....

Try the Nawin Guesthouse--I've stayed there a few times and it usually costs about 20 usd per night. It's centrally located too. There are cheaper ones than that nearby, but can't really comment on them.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
225 posts
471 reviews
8. Re: Boutique type hotel....

We stayed at the White Mansion the last time but trying Aruneas this time. White Mansion was lovely and nice pool.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
658 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Boutique type hotel....

Please take Angkorlad post as gospel,

Also take note that no safety fences, security guards ( pool guards ) are on duty at any hotel with a pool .

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Boutique type hotel....

The Blue Corner has a pool and a boutique feel to it. Children were very much welcome there...ours was given chocolates and fussed a lot! It was a 5 minute tuk tuk ride to the river. It was a 5 min walk to Golden Sorya Mall which was seedy in the evening but beer a plenty and we felt safe there.

Get answers to your questions about Phnom Penh
Recent Conversations