We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

ph
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

Is this possible,

I was thinking of doing an overnight bus from Phnom Penh then going back another ovenright bus or late bus. Is this feasible? and what can I visit (assuming I rent a taxi)

My main concern is where to have a bath and left luggage

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

What an exhausting way of doing it. Is this to save money on accommodation or because you are so pushed for time that you can't fit in in any other way? Where are you going before/after?

Apart from the fact night time buses are not usually recommended by regulars here on the forums.

Edited: 03 August 2017, 15:01
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,420 posts
179 reviews
2. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

Unless you have an important reason to do this it would be a complete waste of time. Why would you consider taking luggage on such a trip anyway if you don't intend to stay at least overnight.

Kameka is absolutely right about the danger of night buses. Before you commit to that, it would be a good idea for you to do some research on this forum for information about that.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
85 reviews
3. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

pontifex79, your question is about as clear as mud.

“Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

Then you go on to say…

“I was thinking of doing an overnight bus from Phnom Penh”

In either case, my suggestion would be to fly.

www.bayonairlines.com/index_en2.aspx…

While my question would be, if you are returning to your point of departure, why on earth would you consider taking your luggage with you?

Have fun

Edited: 03 August 2017, 15:24
4. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2017, 04:05
ph
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

Thanks for all the info. There is a 3-day weekend in my country first week of September. I want to maximize those free days without taking an office leave.

I've read in some that 2 days is just enough to visit Siem Reap.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

pontifex79- where are you flying/ coming in from and where do you want to visit. I am getting even more confuded now. 2 days barely scratches the surface of Siem Reap- let alone Phnom Penh as well in a 3 day break from work.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,420 posts
179 reviews
7. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

Pontifex, wherever you read that 2 days in Siem Reap is enough is completely wrong. You could spend a couple of weeks in the area and still not see all that is of interest to a wide range of people.

My suggestion is that you spend aloof your break in SR. as there will be more than enough to keep you busy for that time.

Going to Phonm Penh as you suggested would be a complete waste of time which could be better spent.

ph
Level Contributor
196 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

Oki thanks. Will have all 3 days in Siem Reap then :-)

9. Re: Day trip in Phnom Penh from Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 12:19