We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

North Yorkshire...
3 posts
Save Topic
Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

There were no results for Can any help with a contact telephone number for lost baggage in Phnom Penh air port - urgently need to assist my daughter & friend getting their luggage which has medication which they have missed now for two days..

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

Can't help with a phone number, but suggest they contact the airline they flew with, as that is who will be responsible for getting their bags found and sent to Phnom Penh. They could also have front desk at their guesthouse call the airport for them. They should have been given a form at the airport when they reported the bag missing that should have contact information on it. It's too late now, but this is why medications should always go in a carry-on bag and not checked luggage.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
North Yorkshire...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

Hi & thank you

Three days of medication went into the hand baggage. A report was made (PIR) Property Irregularity Report whilst in Guangzhou - China, as it was established that the bags had not made the flight from Amsterdam - Guangzhou Airport in China.

I have made contact with China Southern Airlines at Heathrow Airport to report the matter to them in an effort to track the luggage & determine where it is. Sadly the PIR number given on the top of the report made in China does not work when placing this number into the line lines system to track the bags.

China Southern Airlines at Heathrow assume that the bags have now made it into Phnom Penh Airport as there have been another two flights since that I have been tracking via flight tracking App.

Just to make matters worse both girls should move hotel tomorrow another 5 hours away from the air port.

Both girls are going to Phonm Penh air port in the next few hours in person to make further enquiries

Thank you for your help

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Las Animas, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

Hopefully the bags show up. I had a bag go on it's own vacation a few trips back - bag went to Perth, Australia (PER) while I went to Siem Reap (REP)! Took four days for it to finally make its way back. China Southern didn't seem to be in too much of a hurry despite them marking the bag "rush". Learned a good lesson from it, now carry a small bag with a few days changes of clothing just in case, and never put any amount of medications in my checked bag.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

See if they can get a local to go with them to the airport. It will help bridge any language barriers.

North Yorkshire...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

All.

Thanks for your comments. Girls managed to get someone from the Hotel to help & visited the airport again. When they arrived the bags were not there. They then returned to the hotel & they were in the hotel reception having just been delivered. Panic over. Lessons learnt.

1. Make sure that there is sufficient time between flights for your bags to be placed onto the connecting flight.

2. Take medication with you & clothes with you.

3. Photograph all documents on your smart phone.

4. Make sure the documents completed by airport officials can be read.

5. Take plenty of cash just in case you need to go shopping in the event that the bags go on their own holiday.

6. Buy your own tracking device, so that you can locate it yourself without guess work from the airline company

Thanks all Gk

6. Re: Phnom Penh air port lost baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2018, 12:18