We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lime

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Lime

hi

understand the above is part of a hotel chain in phnom penh. any ideas which other boutique hotels come under their management?

tks and regards

Boutique hotels in Phnom Penh
Arunreas Hotel
Arunreas Hotel
#3 of 288 hotels in Phnom Penh
La Rose Suites
La Rose Suites
#2 of 288 hotels in Phnom Penh
La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa
La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa
#7 of 288 hotels in Phnom Penh
9 replies to this topic
Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
429 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lime

The only person with this knowledge is Mr Ian Angkorlad scroll down until you find his name, he answers 95% of everything on Phnom Penh Cambodia he's a walking powerhouse of information and knowledge, this hotel is one of his favorite places to stay in Phnom Penh.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,358 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lime

Blue Lime is part of the MAADS group - https://maads.asia/destinations

Mentioned in this post
Blue Lime
Blue Lime
1,736 Reviews
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lime

Apparently, there are now two people with this knowledge.

Have fun

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,726 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Lime

Hello Mei

I can tell you exactly which hotels comprise the MAADS Group of hotels and I've stayed in all of them and some of them many times.

here goes:

Phnom Penh - Starting at the top:

Plantation - largest hotel in group in PP. 86 rooms to suit all classes/requirements. Largest swimming pool of any hotel in PP. Lotus Pool Gallery area used for many exhibitions and cultural events each year.

Pavilion - choicest. Boutique. Just love it here.

Blue Lime - semi budget. Very popular indeed but not full service hotel.

Tea House - nice but not so conveniently located as on wrong side of two major roads if a walker.

Kabiki - for those with energetic children

Mekong Floating Bungalow. Note bungalow singular.

Dining:

Chinese House

Siem Reap:

The Templation - The MAADS Group Flagship hotel in 2.5 hectares. Superb. Just love it. Designed by French architecture firm specifically for its tropical location. Need tuk tuk in to centre of Siem Reap. Could happily live permanently here!

Hope that this helps you do further due diligence when selecting a possible hotel?

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Blue Lime
Blue Lime
1,736 Reviews
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Kabiki
The Kabiki
928 Reviews
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Templation Hotel
Templation Hotel
273 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,726 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Lime

Correction:

I visited the Mekong Floating Bungalows in February and again in April this year. First time on a boat called the Crocodile - nothing special at all, and secondly on the far better boat, the MAADS owned Le Tonle.

There are in fact two (2) floating bungalows. Great views of both the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers and activities there on. Directly opposite Chroy Changvar Point, confluence of these two rivers and sort of opposite the large Sokha Hotel on the point.

Don't think I would actually stay here though but OK for an evening drink or two.

Mentioned in this post
Sokha Phnom Penh Hotel
Sokha Phnom Penh Hotel
267 Reviews
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,726 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Lime

John,

A mild correction if I may - but I have a policy of regularly staying at a variety hotels of interest to me or either not previously used by me, or revisiting hotels previously used by me, in order to stay up to date on what these hotels have to offer and/or are they maintaining standards. By staying in a goodly variety of hotels each year I am able to keep my finger on the pulse of the city, so to speak, and to stay well informed. This also lets me experience different parts of the city too.

This year alone I have stayed at four (4) different hotels in Phnom Penh and at one of them twice. In August, I will be spending close to two weeks at one of these hotels that I've previously stayed at this year and also using another of them for just a few nights between activities.

As for most regular visitors to a city I do have favourite places to stay at based on such matters as location, price and service etc. but I am not a creature of habit. Any hotels I chose to stay at try must, first and foremost, serve the purpose of my visit.

I refrain from writing hotel reviews because I am of the view that one needs to stay at a hotel about three times before doing so in order to get a balanced view of the hotel, its staff and services etc. There have been some hotels in Phnom Penh and elsewhere that I've quickly checked out of and moved on from too.

Simple things such as staff changes can have a huge impact on the way a hotel is perceived and this is like a pendulum for most hotels.

I recently tried to recall just which hotels I've stayed at in Phnom Penh but could only remember 23 of them. The others were most probably best forgotten anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Lime

Thank you, everyone.:)

regards

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Lime

I stand corrected John, I think you were right.

Have fun

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,726 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Lime

Hello inaspin

Having fun indeed.

Easy to debunk the posers on forum with very shallow, if any, knowledge of the subjects they pontificate about.

Not on the dental team in August this year as back to eyes, an area I know even better than dental as far as Cambodia is concerned.

Trust you and the Cook are well and enjoying life?

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Blue Lime
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted