We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh to Kampot by train

3 posts
Save Topic
Phnom Penh to Kampot by train

I am hoping to catch the train from Phnom Penh to Kampot on the last Saturday in July. It seems that the earliest I could book and obtain tickets online is 1 week, but by then I may not have internet access and tickets are likely to sell out before my date of travel. So, does anybody know if it is possible to book by 'phone and if so, collect tickets from the station on the day of travel? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Kampot
Kampot
Kampot Province, Cambodia
5 replies to this topic
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom Penh to Kampot by train

Sorry, not sure, but we just rocked up and bought tickets on the day. Had no trouble as the train wasn't busy.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom Penh to Kampot by train

Hello Hugh B, I’ve looked at your question days ago, and decided not to answer. I felt the information I had may have been superseded, but! here it is anyway. They say that there’s a reason why free advice is free.

Below is a list of locations to purchase tickets and the times they are open along with their relevant phone numbers.

Phnom Penh:

Open: Mon to Fri 0800 till 1630…Sat & Sun 0600 till 1600

Phone 078888582 or 078888583

Takeo:

Open: Wed to Mon 0800 till 1600…Tuesday Closed

Phone 099222533

Kampot:

Open: Wed to Mon 0800 till 1600…Tuesday Closed

Phone 099222566

Sihanouk Ville:

Open: Wed to Mon 0800 till 1630…Tuesday Closed Sat & Sun 0600 till 1600

Phone 099222544

General Inquiries: 078888582 or 078888583

For further information or clarification on services contact the numbers above.

The information above was copied from a photograph of a current Royal Railway Passenger Timetable, unfortunately the photo was taken twelve months ago, do with it what you will.

Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
470 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom Penh to Kampot by train

No need to book July is the off season rainy season so you maybe the only passenger on the train

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
971 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom Penh to Kampot by train

Same as others Heath.... in November we just purchased tickets on our day of travel....

Planned our flight from Siem Reap to arrive Phnom Pehn at lunchtime then tuk tuk straight to Train station....

We then had a 2 hour wait, so in future we would get tuk tuk to take us first to buy our ticket then find a bar or cafe for a beer or two before getting back to station.

cheers, baddles

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phnom Penh to Kampot by train

Thanks everybody for the info. It sounds as though we shouldn't have any problems.

Reply to: Phnom Penh to Kampot by train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted