We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

madison, wi
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

I was in Vietnam last year and loved it. Would love to see Cambodia and Laos. Can anyone recommend a small group tour company? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
7 replies to this topic
Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
429 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

It's against TA rules to give this type of information or it will be deleted just Google the information. Or search other postings in the city or country you are visiting on TA

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,353 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

Hi Ann

it's not against TA rules to give recommendations - its those who are blatantly self-promoting or those who offer nothing of value to the forum except incredible (and highly suspicious) recommendations for a particular operator that are removed.

You may not get too many recommendations because a good many of the posters on the Cambodia and Laos forums are DIY travellers because both countries are incredibly easy to DIY.

Plan to arrive in one country and do some kind of a geographically logical 'lap' move to the next and head home from your final destination - saves multi-visa stuff and saves time when you can avoid backtracking.

Organised tours are not my thing but I have friends who have been very happy with small group tours from Intrepid.

If you feel inclined to go down the DIY route - its really quite easy - decide on the route, book hotels and any flights between cities and off you go. You can book day-tours etc through your hotels or simply grab a tuk tuk and tell the driver where you want to go. Onward travel can also be arranged when you arrive it you are looking to travel overland

Hit up the search box to see how others have combined Cambodia & Laos.

What sort of time frame are you looking at? When do you want to travel?

cheers

helen

Edited: 11 June 2018, 11:18
Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
429 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

thmoore he was asking for the names of small tour operators to name them is against TA rules, your suggestions aren't I did notice you didn't name any you always have to be right every time don't you.

So please tell the person the names of the companies you suggest see if will be deleted.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
951 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

I agree with thmoore, many a post is around recommending Small Group Tours.... one as early as March this year:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k…

The rules are against the actual Small Tour Operator posting on the Forums as it would be 'self promotion'... if it's the ordinary, joe blow traveller that has experience or wants to recommend someone then I doubt that would be removed.... Baldric first visit was with Kumuka Worldwide from Australia and was quite happy with them.

We too prefer to book ourselves and found booking.com, skyscanner.com, rome2rio.com as well as the wonderful Trip Advisor perfect sites to plan, book and travel with confidence.

cheers, baddles

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,353 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

Oh no - #3 I have no intention of adding anything else you can de-rail this thread with.

but do read my post more carefully because I do in-face make a suggestion.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 13:37
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

It is so easy to travel independently in both of these countries, we spent a month in both countries last year. I did plenty of research on the important things like bus companies, train timetables, cost of tickets etc and researched hotels and guest houses using maps and feedback, reviews as a guide. You will save a lot of money doing it yourself, I got quotes from Travel Agencies but went ahead and booked everything myself.

My advice is to take your time and research well. Always use a city and country map when planning travel. Use this forum, it has a wealth of information. Research how you will bring your money, don't forget about visa on arrival for both countries. Use the booking sites for find well priced accommodation. We found travelling in all 4 countries that we visited, easy and cheap and fun.

Oraison, France
Level Contributor
537 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia

hello

as said before these countries are incredibly easy to DIY ..We are in our sixties and travel every year DIY in SEA

you just buy a good guide book for both countries, browse them and accordingly organize your journeys as you like

read the TA posts about what you are looking for, and if you still need more, ask your question. TA forum OP or experts will answer your specific questions

and using a "tour group company" would cost you an arm and a leg ...... you absolutely do not need a travel agent for Laos and cambodia

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Reply to: Recommendation for tour of Laos and Cambodia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;