We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Tax

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Departure Tax

Hi guys, I have searched but I couldn't find a recent answer and have seen topics suggesting that you no longer have to pay departure tax at phnom penh airport for international flights..

So could someone provide me with an answer, do I have to pay departure tax and if so where abouts within the airport do I go to pay it and how much is it.

Kind regards

Jackson

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,889 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure Tax

Hi,

No you don't have to pay it. Since April 2011 it has been included in the ticket so you have already paid it.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure Tax

It depend on who you travel with...

Jet Star, SilkAir and Tiger have it included, the last time I travelled with AirAsia it was not.

Departure tax is $25 for barang and $18 for locals. Locals booking/travelling on a internet ticket get a $7 refund after checking in.

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departure Tax

I am traveling with airasia , so I guess I have to pay it?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Departure Tax

I just checked - AirAsia are still not including in the ticket.

Use that link and pick Phnom Penh from hte first dropdown and where your going from the second

airasia.com/my/…

Airport Tax (To be paid at the airport)

Adult (Local)

USD 18

Adult (Foreigner)

USD 25

I'm down visiting family every month to 6 weeks and I've only recently moved to Tiger from JetStar as they treated my sister-in-law and 2 friends extremely poorly at Phnom Penh airport, demanding a $10 'gift' to allow them to get their case on a flight where it was already paid for. 6 weeks later still chasing an explanation.

With Tiger you can get a round trip from Singapore for around SGD130 (105 AUD) including 15kg and 16$ booking fee... great deal.

Edited: 18 September 2012, 19:51
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,539 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Departure Tax

we travelled with Air Asia in July last year (PP>KL) and the departure tax (passenger service charge) WAS included in the ticket price.

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Departure Tax

How did you know? Did they tell you or was it clear in the breakdown of your pricing

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,889 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Departure Tax

Hi,

Passenger Sevice Fee of $25 is part of the taxes and fees on an Air Asia ticket departing from Cambodia. If you check your ticket fee breakdown you will clearly see it. The Cambodian Airport Aurthority do not run a two tier system of applying this fee for some airlines. It IS included in your ticket cost and YOU HAVE paid.

Cheers

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Departure Tax

My breakdown says

Passenger Service Fee 760baht

Airport Fee 150baht

Airport Tax 700baht

lewes uk