We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in October

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking in October

My friends and I are planning to do some hikes in Kyrgyzstan in early October. We are planning to fly from Shanghai on 1/10/2018 and will probably reach Kyrgyzstan on the following day. We are planning to fly back to Shanghai on the 12 or 13th October.

It seems that the season to hike ends in September. It is still possible to hike in early October? How's the temperature like during that time?

I would also appreciate if anyone could recommend me some good remote hikes. I heard so much about Jyrgalan and it seems that there are so much to offer.

Will it be possible to DIY or follow a tour? Anyone can recommend good tour with reasonable price? I heard mixed reviews about CBT and I am not quite sure if there are more reliable tour that I can follow without charging premium prices.

Any tips about Kyrgyzstan are truly welcomed

Mentioned in this post
7 replies to this topic
1. Re: Hiking in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2018, 23:48

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking in October

A lot of hikes will still be accessible in October, but there might already be snow / be ready for it to be cold, because the elevation is usually quite high. It's definitely the end of the season, though, so you won't be able to do everything.

You might want to avoid "very remote" hikes at this season because animals (ie wolves etc) will start going back down the valley. It's better to take more popular routes, or those that are less high - for ex Chon Kemin, Gregorovski.

You can safely hike in Ala Archa National Park as much as you want, two of the three valleys are wilder than the Ak Sai hike, but in October they're completely accessible.

For tour companies your best shot at having reasonable prices is trying to find guides / drivers directly - you can use Indy Guide site (you will get lots of offers) or try Facebook groups like Expats in Bishkek or Expats in Kyrgyzstan. A guide for treks will keep you safe, so it depends on your experience and who you're going with. It also depends on the route you choose, some are pretty easy to follow alone, others have no signs.

Mentioned in this post
Bishkek
Bishkek
Kyrgyzstan
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking in October

Thanks Mashabir. How about Songkul? Will the yurts still be available in early Octobers?

Spain, El...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking in October

Hello yes yurts will be available.

İf you want you can travel with kyrgyz wonders travel

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Level Contributor
68 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking in October

Hi there,

In most cases it should be fine. Im a tour guide and I hiked with my client to alakol at 3600 m in mid october and the weather was perfect. Plus there are very few tourists :)

Issyk Kul Province...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiking in October

Yes, it depends on weather. Jyrgalan receives much rain and snow than the other regions. In the case of bad weather western part of Issyk Kul (Bokonbaev) or Kochkor valley can be best option for hiking as both almost haven't rainfall all year round.

Mentioned in this post
Bokonbayevo...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiking in October

Hello! We have a lot of hiking tours please check in our website www.southshorekg.com and October still good time for your trip in our Ysyk kul region. We have trip from Bokonbaevo to Son Kol.

Reply to: Hiking in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kyrgyzstan