We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luang Prabang to Chiangmai slow boat in August

Bellingen, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Luang Prabang to Chiangmai slow boat in August

Hi, I want to go from LP to Thailand by slow boat in August. Everything I read is about Chiangmai to LP but I want to do the reverse, any info most welcome.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luang Prabang to Chiangmai slow boat in August

Of course the boats have to go the other way as well, and much less crowded in the upstream direction.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luang Prabang to Chiangmai slow boat in August

I think you mean chang rai to LP.

Bus from Chang Mai to Chang rai.

Bellingen, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luang Prabang to Chiangmai slow boat in August

Yes I know there is a bus from Chiang rai to CM. I did figure the boats would have to make a return trip so guess I'll have to wait until I'm there to book. Can someone who has done this trip recently give me their impression of the trip, thanks

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai Province, Thailand
4. Re: Luang Prabang to Chiangmai slow boat in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2017, 12:17