We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
164 reviews
Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

Can you please advise feasibility Saturday day trip,train Sentral Kuala Lumpur leaving about 8.30 to Melaka .

Returning 16.00-17.00 to Kuala Lumpur

Any advice ,or tips about costs ,gratefully received

8 replies to this topic
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,190 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

There is no railway line that goes to Melaka town. The closest station is at the border of Melaka state, at Tampin. Take a bus or private car instead.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 03:15
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
164 reviews
2. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

Good advice.

Would you recommend a tour bus ?

Any thoughts ?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,190 posts
113 reviews
3. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

No, because I am not into tours and I always research trips myself and travel independently wherever I travel in the world. But it is up to you and your own travelling style.

Level Contributor
22 posts
4. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

Hi!

You can get a grab car (which is like uber) and go to melaka or get a bus. Private taxis are more expensive but if you want to book this you can - I have read KL taxis are good

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
839 reviews
5. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

There is no need to take a tour bus. Just take a bus (actually it's airconditioned and more of a coach than a bus) and it is very cheap. At the bus station in Melaka take a taxi to the clock tower (taxi fare is also very cheap) and do your tour of Melaka centre on foot. Many of the most famous sites in Melaka are walking distance from each other.

Singapore
Level Contributor
381 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

Coaches from KL to Melaka are available at TBS (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan; also known as Bandar Tasik Selatan). Journey takes about 2.5 hours & costs around RM10-15 depending on your choice of bus company & preferred time.

You can pre-book bus ticket from websites such as www.easybook.com.

I also came across this blog which provides useful information on travelling from KL to Melaka.

chasingplaces.com/how-to-get-from-kuala-lump…

Once you reach Melaka Sentral, you can use Grab to go around. It is recommended that you spend a night in Melaka to see more of this heritage city.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
164 reviews
7. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

Thank You

8. Re: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2018, 00:23

Reply to: Train Kuala Lumpur-Melaka
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted