We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

Does hand luggage and personal laptop should be within the checked 25 Kg luggage in Air Asia?

7 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,227 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

No. The checked luggage is only the luggage that you hand over to the airline when you check in for your flight. Hand luggage is usually limited to around 8 kg or 10 kg depending on the airline. As long as your hand luggage doesn't look excessively heavy then the airline staff will probably not even weigh it. However, if your hand luggage is oversized or your checked luggage is overweight or oversize then they might want to check the weight of your hand luggage.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

Thanks for the prompt update.

Does Air Asia allow hand luggage and instead of hand luggage can I take my laptop?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
494 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

Air asia allow free hand luggage of 7kg.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

"Does Air Asia allow hand luggage and instead of hand luggage can I take my laptop?"

You can take both as long as you meet their cabin baggage weight and size requirements: https:/…cabin-baggage.page

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

Luggage and hand luggage is two different entity. Luggage is depends on whatever you had pay while hand luggage is free for 7kg.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,227 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

Yes you can take hand luggage. I always take my laptop bag filled with camera and lenses as well as all kinds of junk. It's a standard size laptop backpack so they never weigh it because it doesn't look out of the ordinary.

Level Contributor
6,055 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage

You do realise the air asia website has this all explained in easy terms to understand.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 21:58
Reply to: Air Asia 25 Kg luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted