We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL Layover

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
188 reviews
KL Layover

Good evening,

My daughter and I will have a six hour, twenty minute layover at KL whilst enroute from Melbourne to Hanoi with Air Asia in July. Does anyone have any information about the best way in which we can fill in our time, please? We arrive at 6.25a.m. Many thanks for your suggestions.

5 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
193 reviews
1. Re: KL Layover

you can head to the mitsui outlet park which is nearby the airport ?

I dont recommend for you to go to downtown KL as you will have very little time left after allocating time for transportation and check in time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
502 posts
96 reviews
2. Re: KL Layover

Due to the Mitsui Outlet Park not opening until 10am it may not be a good idea to head out there as you need to check in 2 hours before your international flight.

Coming off a long red-eye flight I'd suggest using the Tune KLIA2 hotel which offers a day-use room from 7am-7pm for a rate discounted from their full day rate. A cheaper option is to book a 6-hour stay at the Capsule hotel at KLIA2. Both of these hotels are attached to the KLIA2 airport where your AirAsia flight to Vietnam will depart from.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
188 reviews
3. Re: KL Layover

Thank you very much for your advice

Level Contributor
6,267 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: KL Layover

As well as Gordons suggestions, of also suggest the Sama Sama express hotel which is located in the transit section of the hotel, so no need to go thru immigration/passport control of your flying on a fly thru.

Just be careful of you book the tune hotel as its landside of Klia2, so you will need to go thru immigration.

Not sure about the capsule hotel thou

Edited: 12 June 2018, 08:03
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: KL Layover

If you are booking transit hotel, make sure to book correct Sama Sama Express Hotel at KLIA2. Note that there are transit lounges which you can pay and use for 3 hours.

Reply to: KL Layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted