We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to travel entire Malaysia

New Delhi, India
12 posts
Save Topic
How many days to travel entire Malaysia

I am from India - New Delhi and planning a trip to Malaysia with my husband in 1st week of August.

Please suggest where to visit and for how many days is it suffice to cover all important places in Malaysia.

What should be the Itinerary? Shall I fly from Delhi to Kuala Lampur or Langkawi? How shall we make it the best budgeted trip for 2 of us in the budget of 70K for 2 PAX with sightseeing.

Kindly suggest as I have to make bookings accordingly

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
5,744 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days to travel entire Malaysia

It looks from your question that you haven’t done much research. We don’t know what things you like doing or how many flights you want to take. I think in your case you may be better visiting a travel agent in India to make sure you get the trip you really want.

Cheers

Sean

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days to travel entire Malaysia

I have been travelling to Malaysia, both Peninsula and east Malaysia or 16 years. I have probably more than 2 years in total in Malaysia and there is still a lot I have not seen. my estimate to see the whole of Malaysia would be somewhere around 800 days.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,455 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days to travel entire Malaysia

"1st week of August" so is this just 7 days?

"how many days is it suffice to cover all important places in Malaysia." Are you serious? Have you any idea of just how big Malaysia is? You could spend several weeks alone over on Sabah and Sarawak, another week on the east coast islands, then there's Kuala Lumpur, Taman Negara, Cameron Highlands, Ipoh, Pangkor, Penang, Langkawi.....that must be a couple of months worth of travel so far.

"budget of 70K" 70k what? Malaysian Ringgits, US$, Indian rupees or what?

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days to travel entire Malaysia

When I traveled Malaysia I really liked the west coast. I started in Malaca (2 days), went up to KL (3 days), from there to the Cameron Highlands (2 days) and then on to George Town on Penang (5 days) and lastly Langkawi (5 days). If you want to spend some time in the rain forest you would spend around 3 weeks in the country. But of course it really depends on what you like and what you are after. I am more of an adventurer, I love to explore and meet new people. If you are the type of person that likes to stay in one place and spend the whole day at the beach with a cocktail in your hand then this itinerary will not be for you.

Reply to: How many days to travel entire Malaysia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted