We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

Sweden
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

What Malaysian islands have the best deep sea fishing day tours?

I am looking for beautiful white beaches at the same time because I do not fish :)

Also it is good if there is some other activities around but not necessary.

We are are in our 30's and not interested in nightlife other than restaurants and maybe an evening cocktail..

Thank you!

Sweden
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

Should say we have already been to Borneo last year :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

The Seri Buat Archipelago is peppered with breath-taking islands, pristine beaches and at the same time is renown for its deep sea fishing action.

Seri Buat itself is located more or less opposite of Tanjung Resang, but you can depart from Rompin, Penyabong or even Mersing, depending on where you charter your boat and the knowledge and experience of your boatman.

If you can't find a boat, then try fishing off a kelong in Penyabong. The kelong is close to Pantai Pasir Lanun, a beach that's said to be crystal clear during the SW monsoon, which is just about starting now.

For "other activities" Tanjung Resang is your best bet, as they offer windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, jungle trekking, hill-climbing, skim-boarding, all kinds of land, sea and beach activities.

Sweden
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

Thanks a lot!

I will immidiately surf the net on Seri Buat Archipelago!

Best regards from Sweden :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

Ok then, have fun.

By the way, there won't be so much on Seri Buat yet, as it's not so well known. But the fishing will be all the better for it.

Just let me know if you need some more details :)

Cheers.

Bry

Sweden
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

Hello bryannnnn,

I have now looked at Seri Buat Archipelago and found that it is on the east coast.

Since we will be in Malaysia the first week of november I suppose this area will also get affected by the monsoon that time of the year :(

Thanks a lot for your help, I am very grateful!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

Yes, around that time of the year the rain tends to pick up a bit. Mind you, it's not full on monsoon yet, as that is only in December or even January. So maybe you can wing it a little :)

In any case, have fun!

Bry

7. Re: Deep sea fishing and beautiful beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 15:16