We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable weather report?

Viby J, Denmark
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable weather report?

Hello guys

Going to Maldives in mid July, Sun Island Resort & Spa.

Can you recommend any good weather services, that you trust?

Also I am not sure if I should search for weather in Male or if it is to far away to be accurate (100km)

Mentioned in this post
Sun Island Resort and Spa
Sun Island Resort and Spa
3,078 Reviews
Nalaguraidhoo Island
6 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable weather report?

Try this:

http://www.meteorology.gov.mv/

Plus the live web cams around the Maldives.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable weather report?

Web cams:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

There is one on Lily Beach (South Ari):

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
2,338 Reviews
Huvahandhoo Island
Sherwood Forest
Level Contributor
238 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable weather report?

Hi Henrik E

As you have already booked your holiday I wouldn’t stress about the weather as it can change on a daily basis so if it’s raining today it could be a cloudless sunny say tomorrow, You can never guarantee the weather in the Maldives but it is usually very warm or hot whenever you go.

We have been to the Maldives 4 times mainly between June & Oct (Rainy Season) in line with Birthdays & Anniversaries and whether we have just been lucky I don't know but we have never had a stay ruined by the weather but with present global climatic conditions there are not many places where you can guarantee the weather. One good point about this time of year it is much cheaper.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

london
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable weather report?

Hi the truth is you can not do anything about the weather it is pointless looking and worrying about it.

Each individual island in the Maldives seems to have its own micro weather you can be in glorious sun and within 10 minuets there will be a heavy shower. Or the next island will have rain and yours won’t.The one guarantee is it will be hot and there have been times that I am wishing for some rain to cool things down a bit.

Don’t worry about the weather you are lucky that you will be in paradise your biggest concern should be saving for your next trip because once you have been to the Maldives you will have to go back as nowhere else can compare

Viby J, Denmark
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable weather report?

Thank you for all your replies. I guess you are right. I just dont want to upgrade to a water villa if the weather is bad

london
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable weather report?

That is a good point but almost impossible to predict until you are on the island so you may be able to upgrade when there.

Personally I prefer beach villas for the below reasons: (many will disagree)

WV have limited outside space the wooden decking and walkways get very hot so have to wear something on feet for me the Maldives is all about no news and no shoes.

Beach sun loungers are usually allocated per room so if in WV if you want the beach you have to sit around a pool or on a crowded area of loungers reserved for WV

In bad weather or heavy wind WV can be very noisy and sway a bit.

Often beach villas can be more private

Often beach villas have an outdoor bathroom this sounds strange but is actually wonderful

Beach villas are often cheaper

I love being on the beach and getting the desert island feel 😎

Reply to: Reliable weather report?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;