We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Havodda reef and best OW location

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Amari Havodda reef and best OW location

Hi!

I booked for Amari Havodda for next february and I'm now trying to figure out which of the two OW sets (and on what side) is best for snorkeling and privacy. As for "best for snorkeling" I don't mean reef proximity which is pretty much the same and depends how far out on the pilot you are, but whether the reef is nicer near the largest set of OW or the other one near the northern tip of the island.

Can someone who's been there help?

Mentioned in this post
Amari Havodda Maldives
Amari Havodda Maldives
885 Reviews
South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll
1 reply
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
494 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari Havodda reef and best OW location

there are 2 water villa locations. one is near the diner. the other one is much further away . it wasn't opened at the time when we went. the best part of the reef is to go thru the opening next the end of that part of the water villas. be warned its very far away, you need start from the the beach then cross the lagoon to the opening. the current is very strong, and there is only opening which means you need to swim back against the current. it wasnt viable to go between the corals to reach back to shore once you finished snorkeling. the inner side of the reef has no reef, if you stay near the entrance / exit. its easier to reach the outer reef I guess

Reply to: Amari Havodda reef and best OW location
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted