We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

India
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

I have shortlisted the above on ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE for 9 days and appreciate if I can get feed back on which one I should finalise. I actually preferred Meeru but they are full on my dates.

We are a couple in mid 50s and would like to relax/ snorkel/scuba dive/ good food and drinks.

The above three fits in my budget but I can stretch it a bit.

Please help me decide which is better.

Thanks in advance

11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

No house reef at Meeeu or Hudran but a good reef at Fihalhohi and Eriyadu. Filalhohi does have a table sharing policy at meals when the island is busy so I'd probably pick Eriyadu of those four.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

I'd also pick Eriyadu (in fact, I have picked it!) for the reef, the sealife, the AI and the cost.

South Wales
Level Contributor
999 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

I would definately go for Eriyadu from this list, I believe that its a bit of a budget choice but its mostly had good reviews, one of the DE's has actually been ( Dianna53 ) so it may be worth sending her a message with any questions. I have found that - unusually - Expedia often offer good prices for this island, just remember that the transfer price etc is not added on until the very end :)

India
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

Thank you all for your feedback. Appreciate.

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

I’ve been to Fihalhohi and really liked it, great snorkelling, the food was excellent and it had a good atmosphere. We are going to Eriyadu this September so can’t comment yet but the reviews of late are all excellent, it seems an excellent price and the snorkelling looks to be really good too!

India
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

Thanks. Will be finalising Eriyadu.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

Also favouring Eriyadu out of all the budget islands for a change but half board so we don't get too bored of the buffet. Much nicer grabbing a proper pizza to share or burger etc. Emailed them for bar menu yesterday but not recieved yet :( Cheers

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

Just to correct Debs post 3. It was Makunudu I visited. I haven’t been to Eriyadu up to now.

london
Level Contributor
527 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

I would also consider a seaplane transfer for 9 days if you are landing before 3pm (seaplane don’t fly after dark) it is usually no more than 2 hours from arrival at the terminal to reaching the island its actually a very pleasant experience and will open up more options.

Check out

Reethi Faru

Reethi Beach

Angaga

Also don’t rule out B&B at the Reethi resorts unless you are big drinkers and want 3 course lunch and dinner the resorts websites have menu pricing and have 4 restaurants so you can get a feel of your daily spend

on basic AI you will only get the buffet included I have always been significantly better off choosing B&B at Reethi dining around with a snack lunch and bottle of wine with dinner.

At Angaga there is only a buffet restaurant so half board, full board or AI is a good option.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor

I have been to both (Fihalhohi twice and Eriyadu once) but would return to Eriyadu any day, rather than Fiha. It is so much nicer, smaller, more intimate and the restaurant is cooler with better food.

Post 1. gives the impression that everyone shares tables when Fiha is full but this is not necessarily the case. We went in high season both times, requested a table for 2 and got one each time. The couple that we made friends with while we were there and who had been several times more than us had never had to share either.

Edited: 14 June 2018, 15:48
Reply to: Eriyadu/Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi/Fihalhohi Island Resor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted