We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
41 posts
38 reviews
Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Hi, Im going to Maldives from 20th to 25th July 2018

I want to spend 1st 4 nights in resort (20-24th july) and the last night in Hulmumale / Male to explore the locals and street food in Maldives. (24-25th).

Im going on a solo trip. So My budget is somewhat around USD1500 affordable luxury including transfer.

Type of holiday: A balance of both fun activities yet tranquil. (Wellness & Snorkeling & Watersports & Good Beachfront / Water Villa rooms).

I got a quote for Kudafushi and Mirihi

Kudafushi

04 nights staying in a Beach Villa (Single Occupancy)

Domestic Plane & Speedboat Transfers included

Soft All Inclusive (no alcohol) Accommodation and Transfers Total USD $1398.00

Mirihi

04 nights staying in a Water Villa (Single Occupancy)

Seaplane Transfers included

Half Board (free upgrade) Accommodation and Transfers Total USD $1604.00

Can I have inputs from maldives forumers before making my decision.

15 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
293 reviews
1. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Mirihi is very well regarded on these forums. I am biased as it is one of my next islands.

Of course it is at the upper end of your budget and drinks are not particularly cheap there (but in fairness no more than many other resorts). You will need to budget a fair bit extra for drinks and other activities. Mirihi has most of their prices available on their website for you to look at.

At Kudafashi you have all of your meals and non-alcoholic drinks included so you'll need to budget much less on top. Especially if you do not drink alcohol.

To be honest I've never looked at this island. The photographs on Trip Advisor are pleasant décor wise but it looks to me to be much more built up than I'd like. I also note the food comments are not entirely complimentary (compared to Mirihi).

In my view budget is key. If you cannot afford a couple of extra hundred dollar per day for drinks and activities at Mirihi I would go to Kudafushi.

Level Contributor
245 posts
2. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Is there any particular reason you want to spend a whole day and night in Male? You can do a self-guided tour of the island in two or three hours. There's not much to see or do and I think spending more than a morning or afternoon there is probably not the best way to spend precious holiday time. The same goes for Hulhumale, which is a man-made island on reclaimed land that's only existed the past five or so years. I

I like both places (I think I'm the only person on the forum who finds a certain charm about them!) but even I don't think that they really rate as a holiday destination. What you're better off doing - assuming you're on a late-night international departure flight - is to stay all five nights at a resort and ask your resort for an earlier transfer back to Male on your last day, then spend that last afternoon exploring to your heart's content.

You won't really find street food as such. You could go to a local cafe in the afternoon and try the snacks ("hedhikaa") which is always a fun thing to do, but possibly your resort could arrange a trip to a local island where you could do the same albeit for more money.

Kat

Abstatt, Germany
Level Contributor
756 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Just arrived at Mirihi for the third time, to Kudafushi I think I would not return. You cannot compare both islands, they are totally different.

Mirihi is pretty small, very quiet and romantic. The beaches are beautiful. Kudafushi has more villas and a different atmosphere. If you want to have more options and if you prefer to sit in the evening at the pool bar with some entertainment, then Kudafushi is definitely the better choice. From memory, there is also a tennis court at Kudafushi.

The reef at Kudafushi I found pretty poor. Have not been to the Spa there, but to Duniye on some other islands (they run as well the spa at Mirihi) and it's very lovely with nice products.

Michaela from Reisser Travel

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
293 reviews
4. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Actually on pools - if you want a pool rule Mirihi out. There are no pools on the island.

London
Level Contributor
975 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Hi Sarah,

May I ask you where did you find the deal for Mirihi?

It's really cheap even for single occupancy. If your quote is correct, would you mind share with me either here or via private massage who can I book it with? I too will be travelling alone there, if I am booking it. It's a very charming island and it's one of my favourites in terms of island vibe.

Sorry I can't comment on Kudafudhi due to it's never a candidate for my radar. I am sure whereever you end up with, it will be great, if is your first time. Just that Male isn't a typical capital where you need two days to explore.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Only stayed at Kudafushi from the two. As others have said before, i think the price for Mirihi is great, also it includes seaplane which most people prefer over the domestic transfer. Reef is said to be better as well and also food. Mirihi is a picture perfect island, however, it's not for me, i hate semi-detached villas and the sunloungers are a no go there for us.

The spa at Kudafushi was quite good, we used it several times as prices were on the lower side.

What we really didn't like there was the poor aircondition and the extremely hard bed.

Gavle, Sweden
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Only stayed at one of those two (kudafushi) and we really liked it, returning next year. The island is on the budget list of islands but good value for money. Found the food pretty good, always something to choose from and if you want Michelin food then your budget needs to go up. The reef is small and the coral dead, like every else, but big fishes, many turtles and dolphins passing by. The aircon is fixed, they did have some problems but all good now. I like hard beds so I slept like baby .

P.s Expedia offers water villa for 2160 inc transfer and all inclusive if you feel like upgrading.

london
Level Contributor
602 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

That is a great price for Mirihi especially with full board and transfers UK booking sites are approx $2700 for this. I agree a few hours in Male is enough and Hulamale is not worth visiting as it is only an airport island..

You will get to try Maldavian food at the resort which to me seems to be either Tuna 200 different ways or curry 5 ways😳

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
41 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

Hi, the reason I want to stay 1 night in Male is because I want to sort of get an insight of local food and streetwise.. also searching for a good seafood restaurant, as sometimes in resort it is quite limited.

Im planning to take the last seaplane back to Hulhumale, then take the complimentary boat ride to Hotel Jen. At night I want to explore night scene in Male (by night scene I dont mean clubs and parties, but more of street food, night markets etc). The next day Hotel Jen provide complimentary local tour so Im planning to join just that. My flight back is at 2055pm. So I have a lot of time exactly whole day. I do not want to miss flight and I felt safer if I will be somewhere nearby the airport rather a resort.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
41 posts
38 reviews
10. Re: Mirihi Of Kudafushi

I don’t really mind 2 hundreds extra. But Mirihi water villa is quite basic. No bathtub or jacuzzi. On other notes, with the great rate offered as mentioned by many, I might miss a good offer there.

Reply to: Mirihi Of Kudafushi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted