Having decided on the Maldives over the Indian Andaman islands I now need to book our accommodation. We have never been to the Maldives and this will be a short 4 night break as part of our bigger trip to India. In answer to the questions :
1. What time of year you intend to travel and how many nights are you staying?
We will arrive into Male on the 28th July (2pm ish) and depart on the 1st August (3pm ish)
2. Which type(s) of transfer (Seaplane, Speedboat, Domestic flight) do you prefer? This question is also related to how remote from Male and the airport you prefer to be located.
Given the short amount of time we are there and with respect to budget we would prefer a speedboat transfer.
3. What size of Resort Island do you prefer? Rustic or modern style? Do you require a Resort swimming pool, gym etc?
We would prefer a swimming pool but do not mind either rustic or modern.
4. Do you want to be able to snorkel (or dive) on a house reef which is accessible from the beach of your Resort Island?
Yes we would like to snorkel on a house reef.
5. For divers - what kind of dive sites do you prefer to be located near?
6. What is your preferred board basis? Bed and Breakfast; Half Board; Full Board; All Inclusive; Ultra/Premium/Select All Inclusive? Do you prefer a la carte or buffet restaurants? Do you prefer a choice of restaurants and bars (or is this an essential requirement)?
We would prefer either half board or full board or basic all-inclusive as we are not interested in alcohol!
7. What type of accommodation do you prefer? Beach villa; Over-Water villa; Including a Private pool or jacuzzi; Two bedroom; Detached; etc....
We would prefer a beach villa - ideally accommodation on the beach nearest to the sea. No preference for a private pool or anything else.
8. Do you require a child-friendly Resort Island or prefer a Resort which is adult-only or has some form of age restriction?
I have my 12 year old daughter with me so the resort must allow that!
9. Do you have any specific wishes regarding activities, excursions etc? Underwater restaurants, snorkelling with manta rays and/or whale sharks - these items commonly feature on the Maldives bucket list.
It would be wise for us to choose somewhere where the activities are not extortionately priced, but we have no preference as such for any particular activities.
10. What is your budget?
Our budget would be about £300-£400 per night for all of us (2 adults and child aged 12 years).
Thank you in advance for your recommendations.