We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ataturk Airport Transportation

1 post
Save Topic
Ataturk Airport Transportation

Hello everyone. My friends and I arrive in Istanbull Ataturk airport at 00:30 midnight.what is the best wa to go to citycenter? how much we have to pay to taxi?

Mentioned in this post
Ataturk Airport
Ataturk Airport
Istanbul, Turkey
4 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ataturk Airport Transportation

AliReza S, At that arrival after midnight, the best is to take a taxi from the ranks. That will cost about 65-70 TL to the city center (Taksim or Sultanahmet). All taxis use meters. In the city, to call a taxi, you can also use BiTaksi or Uber application that you download to your smart phone.

enigma...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ataturk Airport Transportation

Take a taxi at that hour.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ataturk Airport Transportation

Airport taxis are member of an union, therefore they are more reliable… Walk directly outside and get in line for the taxi queue. Ignore the people who calls you taxi inside the terminal…

There are several city centers in Istanbul… You need to be more specific for the taxi rate….

Taxis use meters and don’t make any payment with Euro or USD… If someone asks you a fix rate, leave the taxi…

There are exchange offices at the arrival terminal, I recommend you to exchange 100 USD or 100 Euro for pocket money…

Mentioned in this post
Istanbul
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ataturk Airport Transportation

Ahmet G makes a very good point regarding the city centre. While Sultanahmet would be the traditional centre of the city, I doubt that it would necessarily rank first in locals' minds when they referred to a city centre, for which there are at least half a dozen alternative candidates. So the taxi fee of 65-70 liras is correct for Sultanahmet but not for the others.

Sultanahmet =/= Istanbul. :)

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Ataturk Airport Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted