We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Ferry Ride

14 posts
Save Topic
Long Ferry Ride

Hi everyone

We are hoping to be at istanbul next week for 2 days. I am travelling with my two little girls (4 and 6 yrs old) and seem like they are very excited about ferry rides. I want to know what longest route we can take in evening from Eminonu or Baskitas ferry station that covers most distnace to another destination ideally cover 1 hour or so. I can see ride from Eminonu to Kadikoy is longer and oprates regularly.

Are there any restaurants in Kadikoy that are close to ferry station where we can enjoy some evening snacks or iftar?

Also i want to ask, if there is any possibility of getting on public ferry from Baskitas or Eminonu to Riva Iskelesi (black sea)? And do such ferries operate regulary so we can hop in hop off at our convenience. I know there are cruise tours which are offered for first and second half of the day, but not at all interested in those tours and rather looking for public ferry.

Thanks in Advance... Cant wait to be in this exciting city!!

3 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,916 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Ferry Ride

Muhammad a,

First of all there no public ferries to Black Sea coast, Riva or elsewhere. You can only choose the land route. Car rental, metro and bus would be best for Black sea coast. (metro from Taksim to Haciosman and bus No. 151 from Haciosman to Kilyos.

The longest ferry routs is the full Bosphorus cruise from Eminonu to Anadolu Kavagi, and return. It is by Sehir Hatlari. "…sehirhatlari.istanbul/en/timetable/full-bos…". Instead you can also take the commuter ferry from Eminonu to Sariyer: "…sehirhatlari.istanbul/en/timetable/to-bosph…", and return to Kabatas by bus 25E.

Of course there are numerous restaurants at Kadikoy for iftar or regular dining. Ciya Sofrasi is the one I like with the Turkish cousine. Kadikoy ferries are very frequent and operate from Karakoy and Eminonu.

good luck,

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Bosphorus Cruise
Bosphorus Cruise
1,364 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Anadolu Kavagi
Anadolu Kavagi
334 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Ciya Sofrasi
Ciya Sofrasi
1,757 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Ferry Ride

Thanks a lot!!

Kindly, do you have idea how long it takes on ferry from Eminonu to Sariyar? And is there something good in sariyar to hop off for sometime.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,916 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Ferry Ride

Muhammed a, If you care to look at the link I gave you already, you will see that Eminonu - Sariyer is 1 hour 20 minutes ferry ride. "http://en.sehirhatlari.istanbul/en/timetable/to-bosphorus-from-bosphorus-365.html#prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/0/". Departure at 18.10 and arrival at 19.30, ideal time for iftar or dining. Sariyer is very famous for its borek (dough pastry with minced meat, kıymalı börek) and there are also lots of fish restaurants at this wonderful village. You can buy your various kinds of borek and go to a teahouse and order tea there and eat your borek by the Bosphorus.

good luck,

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Bosphorus Tours Istanbul
Bosphorus Tours Istanbul
87 Reviews
Istanbul, Turkey
Reply to: Long Ferry Ride
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted