We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Turkey

1 post
Save Topic
Transit in Turkey

I am visiting Berlin with Schengen visa from India.On my return I have 5 hours waiting in the airport. Can I visit Istanbul briefly in that duration?

3 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in Turkey

Yes, but only for about an hour - given say an hour to get out of the airport, an hour and a half to get back in (if your boarding pass is ready, add 45 minutes if not), 45 minutes x 2 to get into town and get back. I wouldn't advise it.

Emilia-Romagna...
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in Turkey

@GrandGourmand Hi I take the opportunity to ask about transit time in IST with Turkish. Do u think 1h,35 could be enough as an international transit passenger? I mean, it is directly proposed by the airline itself on its website. There are different options, but the one I was looking at proposes this short stopover on the way to. Thanks!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit in Turkey

Venu P, You can take a taxi from the airport to Yesilkoy and visit the marina area for about an hour (or to excellent Aquaflorya Mall) at Florya. Whether it is worth the evisa is something you will decide on. Your Schengen must still be valid on the day you want to enter Turkey. That will be the supporting document to your evisa. "www.evisa.gov.tr/en/".

enigma...

Reply to: Transit in Turkey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted