We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Visa without Schengen visa

4 posts
Save Topic
Transit Visa without Schengen visa

Hi, I have a 20 hour layover at Istanbul. Travelling from Tel Aviv to Delhi. Indian passport without Schengen visa. Travelling through Turkish airlines. Can I get a visa for a day visit?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
4 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,946 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit Visa without Schengen visa

Shruti S, If, as an Indian citizen, you do not have a Schengen member country, UK, US or ıreland visas, then you can NOT get a Turkish evisa. However you can apply for a regular Turkish tourist visa at the Turkish embassy/consulate in Tel Aviv or wherever else you live. It is worth the effort to see this magnificent city. You can then use free guided tours with a meal, of the Turkish Airlines: "istanbulinhours.com"

good luck,

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit Visa without Schengen visa

Thank you so much for the reply. However we short of time, as we fly on 16th to tel Aviv and while returning we have 20hour layover. I don't know if we will be able to get the visa, coz it takes time to get the visa. Sad though, we will not be able to visit the city... I think we have no other option...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,946 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit Visa without Schengen visa

Shruti S, After arrival at Istanbul, ask the immigration offices there if they can give you a days temporary pass.

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit Visa without Schengen visa

Thank you... Would request them... Hope it works out for us...

Reply to: Transit Visa without Schengen visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted