We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey in December

2 posts
Save Topic
Turkey in December

Hi,

I will be in Turkey from the 28th Dec 2018 - 8 Jan 2019.

I am 4 days in Istanbul , 3 Days in Cappadocia and 3 days in Pamukkale. I want to get the best out of this trip. Am I going to the right places during this time of year? Any suggestions?

3 replies to this topic
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey in December

The only right places are the places you want to go!!

It will be cold, maybe even snow, but as long as you are prepared for that you will be fine.

Pamukele really only needs one day. At that time of year I would either skip it and add the time to Istanbul, or add in Ephesus in your 3 days.

Get a connecting flight to Cappadocia as soon as you land in Turkey, then do the rest of your travelling before finishing safely in Istanbul for your remaining days, so you have no possible hiccups if weather delays a domestic flight before yiour international flight home. This also simplifies logistics on arrival- saving you time and money transferring into Istanbul then back to the airport late. Even better if you can book a ticket from home, straight through to Cappaodica via Istanbul.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 01:16
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,064 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey in December

You would have to determine what it is you want to see. This looks fine to me, maybe add 1 more day to Istanbul and taking a day away from Pamukkale

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey in December

Great! thanks for the insight :)

Reply to: Turkey in December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted