We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

J J
London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

Hi all

Booked flights from London to Istanbul (with Pegasus) and an internal flight with Turkish airline.

i can't see anywhere online to add passport details, could anyone who've flown to Turkey with Pegasus or Turkish airline enlighten me?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
228 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Small-Group Istanbul in One Day Tour...
1,244 Reviews
from US$76.50*
US$85.00
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
54 Reviews
from US$265.50*
US$295.00
6 replies to this topic
auckland
Level Contributor
636 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

Hi there..... I actually don’t remember inputting passport details for our Turkish airlines upcoming flight ( Sngapore to Istanbul ) .... def didnt input for the Air New Zealand leg ( Auck - Sngapore) but then I never do. I don’t quite understand if they have issued your tickets, why worry? Just make sure you of course have your passport and at least 6 months more to its expiry date than your trip date. Enjoy your trip..... fabulous country!

Edited: 13 June 2018, 06:21
Mentioned in this post
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

Not heading to Turkey but if you are taking the same route back to London do allow extra time for checking in at Istanbul. Last time I flew there were several extra checks - one being before check in then 3 different passport checks at the gate plus a full check of hand luggage and me including swabbing. This was in addition to the usual checks at the termianl entrance and the one as uou go through to departures.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
London
London
England, UK
Oxford
Level Contributor
86 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

Just flown with Turkish airline from Gatwick to Istanbul for 4 night then Pegasus to Dalaman yesterday

There is somewhere on the booking form that says print travel voucher, this worked fine

Something we wasn’t expecting was was free food and drink with Turkish airlines which was really nice

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
862 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

I believe they take passport info when checking in online or at the airport.

That is my recollection the multiple time we have transited IST to several European cities. Do the online checkin to save time at the airport. We (in the U.S.) were not able to print boarding passes but if you can, do that as well. If they allow an electronic boarding pass do it but I also like to have the paper pass because it does not need batteries! :)

Mentioned in this post
Ataturk Airport
Ataturk Airport
Istanbul, Turkey
Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

That's right - Advance Passenger Information is only needed if you choose to check in online - as we all do now.

Bar code on mobile phone usually works at security and boarding but I would certainly print out boarding pass if you can.

Anyway I always drop a bag and get the standard boarding pass.

... and yes, Turkish Airlines' food, drink, baggage allowance, seat choice and entertainment are excellent.

J J
London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pegasus & Turkish Airline API

Thanks all, my flight's not until end of July so can't check in just yet, but when I do I will keep this post updated on the API information requirements

Reply to: Pegasus & Turkish Airline API
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted