We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do turkish airlines provide hotel??

Meknes, Morocco
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
do turkish airlines provide hotel??

hi;am a resident in Morocco n am willing to go to my country DJibouti via Istanbul and i wanted to knw if Turkish airlines will provide me a hotel if i have to stay more than 10hours in Istanbul n what are the requirments to get a hotel??do i need a transit visa or is my residency card is enough

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,816 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do turkish airlines provide hotel??

Mohammed, welcome to Istanbul.

If you are a Djibouti citizen, you can get a visa-on-arrival at the airport under the following conditions: "Ordinary pasaport holders with a valid Schengen or OECD member's visa or residence permit may get their one month period single entry visas from Istanbul Ataturk Airport on the condition that they travel with Turkish Airlines" (from government website). Since Morocco is not an OECD member, your residence there is not of much help. If you want to enter Turkey, you need to get your visa in advance at a Turkish Embassy or Consulate in Morocco.

Otherwise you can use the transit lounge in between flights and shop at the excellent duty free shopping center at the airport. If you have a visa, you can enter the country. turkish Airlines will only give you a free hotel if your layover is a "forced layover", meaning that there are no faster connections by Turkish airlines to Djibouti. Otherwise if you stretch your layover for sightseeing purposes, you do not get any free hotels.

good luck,

enigma...

Meknes, Morocco
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: do turkish airlines provide hotel??

i think that whn i ll fly to Djibouti i have only less thna 5hours to sty in the airport but whn i get back to Morocco;i ll have to stay more than 15 hours so i wanted to knw if their is a chance to get a hotel because in some ways i can have the chance to visit Istanbul;it would be a dream come true

thank u soo much for ur help

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,816 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do turkish airlines provide hotel??

Mohamed, If that 15 hours layover is a "forced obligatory layover" then Turkish Airlines will give you a free hotel.

enigma...

4. Re: do turkish airlines provide hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 18:15