We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hw can i make this happen?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hw can i make this happen?

Can someone please tell me hw i can make it happen travel wise? i am worried abt how to go and hw much time i will lose in travel esp rustum pasha to princess island and from there to camlica hill.. at what time can i be back in sultanahmet?

this is my itinerary for that day

* Suleimaniye mosque- Turbe roxelana

* Rustum pasha mosque

* Princess island

* Camilca hill sunset/after sunset

* Food tour for the evening

Any recomendations for a food tour at night?

Istanbul on Food - Culinary Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Istanbul Guided Private Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Zeki Ciftci - Professional Tour Guide
Food Tours, City Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

Hi again,

This itinerary cannot be done in one day. Ferry from Kabatas to Buyukada takes 1,5 hour one way. sehirhatlari.com.tr/tr/seferler/kabatas-kadi…

You can leave ferry in Kadikoy and take a taxi to Camlica or you can visit mosques instead.

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

I'm not sure that visiting the island, or the full Bosphorus cruise, would be very enjoyable during the winter, when you are visiting.

As you have far too much in your itinery (on your other post), I'd consider dropping them.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

i might drop the bosphorus cruise completely but the camilca hills and kadikoy are drawing to do it.`

Ok.. Alper thanks a lot for that link.. i got the latest winter schedules..

i have some doubts.. wats the stop at princess islands called?

just to make it clear, i take the ferry from kabatas to bayukada and then straight back? and then another route to camilca hill?

What about a IDO ferry from bayukada to bostanci? does it operate in the evening? or do we have other ferry companies running in this route?

If i take the bostanci ferry, camilca hill is accessible from there?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

oops, one more of my endless doubts..

can i go to bursa from yenicapi on a direct ferry? hw will i go from yenicapi to uludag ski resort?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

The name of the stop at the island is, as the island's name, Bayukada.

You could get on at Kabatas for the outward journey, then get off at Kadikoy on the return journey, as Alper suggests, if you want to go to Camlica.

What would be the point of going to the Princes Island if you just turn round and come straight back??? You need to spend a few hours exploring the island, maybe do a tour in a horse drawn carriage, then have some lunch before you return.

Realistically, this trip will take at least 6-7hrs. That is why Alper and Borus have already told you your itinery for the day will not work. Realistically, if you want to make this trip and Camlica in one day, you need to head to the ferry really early - and forget about tthe mosques and Eating Tour.

I'm really not sure this trip, or a full Bosphorous Tour, would be particularly pleasurable in January. It will be too cold to sit outside on the ferry, and it's not so much fun inside. Also, too cold to enjoy a horse and carrige tour of the island.

Edited: 12 November 2012, 04:36
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

I've already cancelled the eating tour. I'm hoping to reach princess island by lunch time/1pm and then leave at around 4. Asian side I've kept it for only dusk and night based on replies and sehir hatlari schedules I got which mentioned that there will be ferries back to Eminonu till 2040 from kadikoy.

And my itinerary is really flexible n I'll drop islands or mosques if it doesn't work out. Cos that's the main advices I'm getting..

One more query, if I am returning from camilca hill by car by crossing the Bosporus bridge, what's the land options I've from ortakoy to sultanahmet..?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

I'd suggest you catch an early ferry so you can get back to Camlica before dark.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

i was asking about the return from camlica hill.. is there any land route option via bosphorus bridge? like arranging with a transfer company like efendi?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

You could certainly email a company and ask for a quote. Of course, you would then br tied to a very fixed schedule that day -don't miss the ferry!

But probably best just to get a taxi from Kadikoy, ask it to wait while you take photos, then return you to the ferry or a restaurant for dinner at Kadikoy.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
78 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hw can i make this happen?

Ohhh thanks heido, I'll go with the taxi from kadikoy plan.. That looks more fool proof..