We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Shanghai with Turkish Airlines

IRELAND
Level Contributor
104 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Shanghai with Turkish Airlines

Hi I have a few queries.

1. What are Turkish Airlines like to fly long haul with?

Do they provide free inflight meals and entertainment?

2. We have a stopover of 7 hours in Istanbul.

What should we do during this. 5.30pm-12.30a.m.

Thanks in advance

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,167 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Shanghai with Turkish Airlines

Globetrotter..., welcome to Istanbul.

First of all have a look at this recent thread that will answer your question about Turkish Airlines, long haul flights: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5667…". I flew with them last year, Istanbul - NYC, non stop and LA-Istanbul non stop. they were excellent each and every way. On time departures and arrivals, very good service and in flight entertainment and gurme meals with Turkish and French wines with real silverware (unheard of in other airlines these days). I recommend them highly.

You should get a visa-on-arrival, take the HAVATAS bus to Taksim and walk along Istiklal street starting from Taksim, have a nice dinner someplace, and return again with the HAVATAS bus to the airport. Have a look at my post No. 2 at the following thread: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4759…", and the HAVATAS airport bus schedules from Taksim: "http://www.havatas.com.tr/en/coach.aspx?i=1". For the 12.30 AM flight you should take the 21.30 PM bus.

good luck,

enigma...

IRELAND
Level Contributor
104 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Shanghai with Turkish Airlines

Thanks alot very helpful.

3. Re: Flying to Shanghai with Turkish Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 18:18