We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in israel

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
10 days in israel

Hello travellers

I am planning to stay in Israel for 10 days. Would love to you guys to comment on my itinerary

31 July - Tel aviv

bauhaus building stock, Tel Aviv museum of art

1 Aug - Acre + Haifa

Tel Aviv to Acre by train

Acre: City wall, knight hall, Al jazzar mosque, templar’s tunnel

Acre to Haifa by train

Baha’i Garden

Haifa to Tel Aviv by train

2 Aug - day tour to Golan height

3 Aug - day tour to Masada, dead.sea and Ein Gedi

4 Aug - day tour to Nazareth, Tiberias n Sea of Galilee

5 Aug - Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

old city (muslim n christian quarter) temple mount, western wall, western wall tunnel, via dolorosa, church of holy sepulchre

6 Aug - old city (armenian quarter) mt zion, mount of olives,damascus gate, mahane yehuda market

7 Aug - Bethlehem, Jericho and Qumran

8 Aug - Yad Vashem, Ein Kerem or Israel Museum

9 Aug - Jerusalem to Tel aviv

2 more questions:

1. My frd and I are thinking about using Tel aviv as our base from 31 July to 4 Aug. Is it a good idea?

2. We would love to explore the Golan Height and the sea of Galilee. It seems that the tourists spots scatter around that area. we plan to join local tours but they are all very expensive. Do you all have any suggestions for us to explore the northern part of Israel?

Thank you very much.

Stephanie

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Tel Aviv Museum of Art
Tel Aviv Museum of Art
1,652 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Acre
Acre
Northern District, Israel
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Ein Gedi
Ein Gedi
Dead Sea Region, Israel
Nazareth
Nazareth
Galilee, Israel
Tiberias
Tiberias
Galilee, Israel
Sea of Galilee
Sea of Galilee
1,963 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Galilee
Galilee
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
West Bank, Palestinian Territories
Ein Kerem
Ein Kerem
257 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Israel Museum
Israel Museum
4,015 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
6 replies to this topic
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,594 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in israel

HI! Welcome to the forum

a. Dead Sea/ Masada is a better day trip from Jerusalem. You are traveling a lot longer to do it from Tel Aviv

b. your Aug 5 and Aug 6 are a mish mosh! The Damascus Gate is no where near the Armenian Quarter. Machne Yehuda is not in the Old City.

c. How are you planning on getting from Bethlehem to Jericho?

d. There is no need to return to the city of Tel Aviv to go back to the airport. The airport is NOT in the city. It is on the highway between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Hotel Yehuda
Hotel Yehuda
1,028 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Jaffa Old City
Jaffa Old City
8,487 Reviews
Jaffa, Israel
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,718 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in israel

Are you planning to join day tour groups for the tours Aug 2, 3, 4? These will be very long days, especially the Golan and the Dead Sea. I would switch to Jerusalem a day earlier and do the Dead Sea, Masada tour from there - that will save you a lot of travel time.

the only way Aug 7 will work if you are on an organized tour - otherwise the transportation logistics make it far too complicated and virtually impossible to do all in one day.

Western Wall Tunnels need to be reserved in advance.

Aug 6 is fine if you map it out logically - the distances are not great at all.

If you don't want to take a tour then your only other reasonable option for touring the Golan and the Galilee is to rent a car and drive yourself.

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Galilee
Galilee
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in israel

Hi all

Thank you very much for the information!

we plan to join group tour on 2,3,4 Aug and use Tel aviv as our base. Do you all suggest any place in the North to stay while we are exploring the sea of galilee (rather than returning back to Tel aviv)?

my friend is leaving on 9 Aug and I have 3 more days in Israel. My plan is to go to Palestine. Is it safe for me a solo female Chinese Traveller to stay in Palestine alone ? I won't do West Bank and Gaza. I really wanna go to Hebron and see the tomb of Abraham. Where else would you all suggest me to go in Palestine ?

Thanks a lot !

Stephanie

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Abraham Hostel Tel-Aviv
Abraham Hostel Tel-Aviv
760 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Towson, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in israel

To stay in the North, you'll need to rent a car. The public transportation is optimized for workers, not for tourists. If you are willing to do that, I'd say Tiberias is a good launching point for the Sea of Galilee.

I'm going to join in suggesting adding a day to Jerusalem and doing the Dead Sea tour from Jerusalem. Doing it from Tel Aviv just means more time on a bus staring at Route 1.

As for your last part, I'll try to do this as apolitically as possible. You can't really visit Palestine because there is no such country. You can, and will, visit the West Bank. Many of the places you plan to visit are in the West Bank. Areas such as Qumran and some of the Dead Sea beaches are in Area C of the West Bank, while cities such as Bethlehem, Jericho and H1 Hebron are in Area A of the West Bank. The Area A B C system was established under the Oslo Accords. Area A is under Palestinian Authority control, Area C is under Israeli control and Area B is a buffer. Hebron was so complicated it has it's own Hebron protocol, so it's good you are doing a tour of there, and it's good you are doing the dual narratives tour so you can see both the H1 Palestinian Hebron and H2 Jewish Hebron.

You might enjoy visiting Ramallah, but I would recommend doing this as part of a tour.

I can't speak as to the single female part.

You don't have to worry about going to Gaza, the border is pretty much closed.

Mentioned in this post
Tiberias
Tiberias
Galilee, Israel
Sea of Galilee
Sea of Galilee
1,963 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Galilee
Galilee
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,525 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in israel

<<My frd and I are thinking about using Tel aviv as our base from 31 July to 4 Aug. Is it a good idea?>>. You should take in account that you will spend each day over 4 hour on the roads to/back the places you want to visit. Also on the day you planned for Acre and Haifa you will not be able to enter the Bahai Shrine and Gardens as on Wednesday it is closed.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Acre
Acre
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
New York
Level Contributor
201 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days in israel

There is no "Palestine". You say you don't want to go to the West Bank but you do want to go to Hebron. However, Hebron is in the West Bank. I'm confused and I think you are too! Do you have a good guide book for Israel?

Additionally it might be much more financially sound to rent a car to go to the Golan Heights and to do it from Haifa or Akko.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Golan Heights
Golan Heights
Middle East
Haifa
Haifa
Haifa District, Israel
Reply to: 10 days in israel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted