We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between cities

2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling between cities

Hi all, I will be visiting Iran in a couple days and am so excited right now. I will most likely go from Tehran to Isfahan, and then to Yazd and Shiraz, and finally back to Tehran again.

The questions are:

1. Does this route makes sense to you?

2. Is it high season this month? Do I need to book bus tickets in advance with the help of an agent? If so, where could I possibly find one?

3. Is it possible to travel overnight from Isfahan to Yazd by bus?

4. I've heard it's a 14 hour bus ride from Shiraz to Tehran, is it "tolerable"? Should I go by a domestic flight instead?

5. What's the general price for a VIP bus ride? One site suggests up to 15 euros from Tehran to Isfahan, one other half that price.

Thank you in advance. I've scrolled through a dozen threads on this forum, you guys are truly helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Tehran
Tehran
Tehran Province, Iran
Yazd
Yazd
Yazd Province, Iran
Shiraz
Shiraz
Fars Province, Iran
8 replies to this topic
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
210 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling between cities

Does this route makes sense to you? why not.

Is it high season this month? Do I need to book bus tickets in advance with the help of an agent? If so, where could I possibly find one?

It's not high season and you will always get a ticket while you are in Iran at the bus station.

4. I've heard it's a 14 hour bus ride from Shiraz to Tehran, is it "tolerable"? Should I go by a domestic flight instead? Almost 14 hours, and of course it's much more comfortable to go with flight and you save lots of time.

5. What's the general price for a VIP bus ride? One site suggests up to 15 euros from Tehran to Isfahan, one other half that price. 1 USD= 60,000 Irr but tickets start from 200,000 irr to 500,000 irr

Edited: 11 June 2018, 00:32
Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Shiraz
Shiraz
Fars Province, Iran
Tehran
Tehran
Tehran Province, Iran
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling between cities

hi,welcome to Iran in advance

dont miss Kashan on the way to Isfahan

2.its not high season ,but for example this weekend is public holiday and many iranian going to travel for summer vacation and find a bus ticket would be a little difficult,

in rush time for example early morning or late night maybe you couldnot find bus tickets.better to book in advance if you want be sure.

3.yes,its possible.23:30 also 1:00 am from Sofeh bus terminal

4. i recommend use Fadak train.its perfect,also some flights that are pretty cheap.

5.price depends to the bus companies,with food ,without food,with wifi and,,,,are different.

i hope could help you

have a good trip.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Kashan
Kashan
Isfahan Province, Iran
Kashan, Iran
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling between cities

Hi.

The route makes total sense; actually it is the most travelled route of Iran for tourists.

it is the low season, I recommend hiring a driver guide for your trip as it will cost you only around 60 EUR but it saves you a lot interms of time, energy and even money (helping you with shopping, hotels, restaurants etc.). Please drop me a message if you need more help.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Tehran, Iran
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling between cities

Hi , for traveling between cities the bus fare is cheap and doesn’t need to book very early , they are available and the time for sightseeing in Iran during spring and summer is the best but it’s a bit hot especially in some cities such as yazd,,, if you have any question don’t hesitate to ask and also I can be your guide if you want to see places in Tehran as well:)

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Tehran
Tehran
Tehran Province, Iran
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
116 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling between cities

Hi Anthony

I am glad you are visiting my country. Here are my answers to your questions. I hope they fine you well.

1. It is the most traveled route of Iran. Good choice. But, you could add Kashan & Abayaneh on your way to Isfahan. They are worth visiting.

2. No, it is not. It is low season, so you don’t need to buy ticket in advance.

3. Yes, it is possible. It is available at 23:30 and the price is nearly 6 US $.

4. Yes, it is a long travel. If you get tired at the end of your travel, I suggest you to book a flight ticket.

5. The VIP Bus fare from Tehran to Isfahan is nearly 10 US $.

Wish you safe journey

Ebi

Edited: 11 June 2018, 14:40
Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Kashan
Kashan
Isfahan Province, Iran
Tehran
Tehran
Tehran Province, Iran
6. Re: Travelling between cities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2018, 00:55

Yazd, Iran
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling between cities

Hi,

Regarding your 1st question, this route is the famous and also classical one for most tourists coming to Iran.

For your 2nd question, it’s not high season and you don’t need to be worried about bus tickets and hotel reservations.

About your 3rd question, it’s possible to get a ticket for 11:30 p.m. departure from Sofeh bus terminal and arrive in Yazd early in the morning.

For your 4th question, I suggest you take a flight to Tehran. It’s more comfortable and also the price of flight is about 2,500,000 IRR which equals to 52€.

And finally about general price for bus ticket I should say it depends on routes but average price is about 350,000 IRR which equals to 10€.

Feel free and for more info you can contact me.

Regards,

Fariba

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Yazd
Yazd
Yazd Province, Iran
Yazd, Iran
Level Contributor
155 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling between cities

Hi

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Does this route makes sense to you?

Yes,it does make sense.You need to book your domestic flight from Shiraz to Tehran.

2. Is it high season this month? Do I need to book bus tickets in advance with the help of an agent? If so, where could I possibly find one?

You're going to travel in Iran during the shoulder season.

Bus tickets are usually available on demand.

3. Is it possible to travel overnight from Isfahan to Yazd by bus?

Yes,it is.

4. I've heard it's a 14 hour bus ride from Shiraz to Tehran, is it "tolerable"? Should I go by a domestic flight instead?

Booking a domestic flight is a more convenient option.

5. What's the general price for a VIP bus ride? One site suggests up to 15 euros from Tehran to Isfahan, one other half that price.

Prices vary depending on the type of bus.It can start from 8 Euros.

Best regards

Touring Persia

Mentioned in this post
Shiraz
Shiraz
Fars Province, Iran
Tehran
Tehran
Tehran Province, Iran
Iran
Iran
Middle East