We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mens dresscode

Aabenraa, Denmark
Level Contributor
12 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Mens dresscode

Hello lovely people :)

What is the correct dresscode for men in Iran?

I have read a lot of different things. Some say that tourists can wear shorts and t-shirt. Some say its not allowed. Can you give me an answer?

Also, what should i buy in the bazaar to wear?, i mean, what is the name of thin pants for men in farsi? My jeans will probably be way to hot in september!

Greetings,

Frederik

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
9 replies to this topic
Iran
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mens dresscode

Hello Fredrik

You can wear whatever you wear in your own country, there is no special dress code for men, just do not wear very short shorts. On the first day you will realize how to dress in Iran, T-shirts is absolutely fine. There is a lot of men's clothing shops all around, it is easy to buy different pare of pants.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mens dresscode

Hi

You can not wear a Shorts in public. You CAN wear whatever you wear at your country. except for the one i mentioned.

If you would like to buy a pair of jeans just say jeans or Sharver.

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mens dresscode

Hey

I was there last year and you need to wear long pants in Iran.

I'm sure if you wear shorts it won't be an issue but why draw attention to yourself, much more enjoyable to do as locals do.

I just bought some light long pants, hiking pants with zip offs are good so in transit or in desert you can zip off the bottom half of legs.

The heat is naturally dry so even in 40+ heat you won't feel any hotter in long pants.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mens dresscode

Just you can't wear small shorts

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mens dresscode

I'm not sure why people are specifically saying "small shorts", to be clear, you will not see a single male in Iran wearing shorts, unless you're at the beach. Don't wear shorts.

Any long pants at all are fine, Iranian men wear the same style of pants/jeans/tracksuits/etc as every other country.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
127 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mens dresscode

Hi

You are not allowed to wear shorts in public places. You can wear any long pants. You can wear the loose ones since it is hot.

7. Re: Mens dresscode

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2018, 18:35

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mens dresscode

Hi,

In Iran men, as well as women, are not usually expected to wear sleeveless shirts or a very short pair of trousers or jeans in public places. However, this is not legally prohibited.

you can read more about the things you must know before travelling to Iran here: (destription.com/en/…should-know-about-iran)

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Yazd, Iran
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mens dresscode

Hi,

There is no special dress code for men, just do not wear very short shorts. T-shirts is absolutely fine. There is a lot of men's clothing shops all around and you can buy different pair of pants.

Regards,

Fariba

Reply to: Mens dresscode
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted