We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Mascat

1 post
Save Topic
Transit in Mascat

I’m a Pakistani citizen. I wanted to confirm whether Pakistanis are allowed to leave the airport if they have a transit for more than 12 hours

4 replies to this topic
Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
715 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in Mascat

As long as you do not leave the airport, you do not need a visa regardless of how long you spend at the airport.

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in Mascat

Dear Tariq,

I am flying from Kerala to Dubai and I have almost 6 hours layover time in Muscat. It is multiple airlines, AI express, and Salam Air. Will I need a visa for that? I have UAE visa but not Oman. PLease help

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Muscat
Muscat
Muscat Governorate, Oman
Oman
Oman
Middle East
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,509 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit in Mascat

If you have two tickets and need to claim your baggage before checking in for your Salam Air flight onwards to Dubai, I believe you will require a visa as you will have to pass through Immigration before collecting your baggage.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit in Mascat

There is no baggage as it is only hand baggage allowed. if there is no check in laggage, will I need Visa? I heard that the transfer/transit doesnt need visa to pass by. So only I took the ticket.

Reply to: Transit in Mascat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted