We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samoa or Fiji??

Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Samoa or Fiji??

We have 12 days and need to decide if we should go to Samoa or to Fiji? We are looking at just relaxing and staying (on the beach) in one spot for the 12 - 14 days. We enjoy scuba diving and hiking. Budget is not an issue. Any suggestions as to which one you recommend for this trip in September?

Mahalo

Maurie

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
2 replies to this topic
Wairoa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
593 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samoa or Fiji??

I like both Fiji and Samoa for different reasons. Both you can find a good resort or a basic budget place. The tourism in Fiji overall is more polished and will have more options in the mid to higher level accommodation and leisure options. The weather and water tends to be warmer over winter in Samoa but by September that shouldn’t be an issue as temperatures will be warming up. Fiji is bigger and you may have to travel further ( possibly out to the islands of Yassawa or Mamanucas )to find a place you want which will take extra time and cost. A lot of advice would also depend on if this will be your only chance to visit either place. For a first visit and a higher level of satisfaction regarding tourism holiday overall I would probably suggest Fiji but I would like to think you would visit Samoa one day- it’s my preferred place of the two for a real pacific experience in the fa’a Samoa way

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samoa or Fiji??

Mahalo, I appreciate that. We'll definitely be out that way again so that's why we're just looking to stay in one spot and explore in more depth. Looks like we will start with Samoa and do Fiji on another trip. Mahalo plenty!

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Reply to: Samoa or Fiji??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted