We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

I took the OK Mini Bus recently from Mandalay to Bagan and the trip was excellent!

Bus stations offering regular service in both cities are quite far from where travelers stay, whereas the OK Mini Bus picks you up directly and drops you off at lodging in your next destination. The road was very comfortable and included a rest stop at a nice restaurant (extra for lunch, my bill, only 2500 kyet).

It's routine for hotels and guest houses to arrange your ticket and pick-up.

Tip: Sometimes the mini bus will base at one hotel and have a "pick-up truck" taxi (where you climb aboard the back of a pick-up truck and sit bench style) bring you there before continuing on your journey.

Mentioned in this post
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Sanctum Inle Resort
Sanctum Inle Resort
#1 of 44 hotels in Nyaungshwe
Thitaw Lay House B&B
Thitaw Lay House B&B
#1 of 14 hotels in Kalaw
Blue Bird Hotel
Blue Bird Hotel
#1 of 50 hotels in Bagan
London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

Hi, That's good to know. What time did you leave Mandalay? I would like to take the 12.00 departure to Bagan but I am not sure if I should trust the timetable I can find online? What do you think?

Mentioned in this post
Mandalay
Mandalay
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Bagan
Bagan
Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

My best advice would be to verify schedule times with your hotel when you get ready to purchase your ticket.

Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

Where do you book okminibus ? Do they have a website or email ?

Would be helpful.thanxs Yves

Den Haag
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

At your hotel or GH 1 day before would be the best way to do it, just like booking flights (perhaps 2-3 days before)

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

OK Mini Bus has No Email Address , they have only their bus office phone numbers. You can book it by your hotel or Agent.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g317112-i11058-k78…

6. Re: OK Mini Bus from Mandalay to Bagan: Excellent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2017, 13:16