Hi Alan, as explained in my other message, I apologize for not being clear. I am sorry to hear that my review was seen as fiction :( I really had an amazing time there and all I wish is the same for you going there. Please don't blame the guide I was suggesting just because I made a mistake. But of course you are free to choose your guide.
i think, every hotel or guesthouse in all of myanmar can provide a guide for you within 1 hour, they all have a mobile, and each one knows many other guides. in hsipaw, mr charles hotel is the most popular, there you will find lots of guides and treks every day.
2 Weeks Itinerary for Myanmar
• 2 Nights stay at Yangon: - This place was the capital of Myanmar until 2005. This is one of the major hubs of business and travel of the country. As this is the main entry point in the country hence, you must stay at the place for two nights and spend time doing some sightseeing and enjoying the landmarks.
• 1 Night at Kinpun: - You must have read about the golden rock, and it is one of the best places you must visit in Myanmar. Hence staying a night at the place is also compulsory so you can enjoy the place by having a beautiful 4-hour trek to reach the area and even some other places around it.
• 3 Nights at Mandalay:- The center of the country needs to have the longest stay for a reason. This city is the largest town in the country. There are places such as Royal Palace, Mandalay Hill, Maha Myat Muni Paya, and many other small places which you must visit for sure. Hence a lovely three-night stay is necessary.
• Another 3 Nights at Bagan: - Here you will be getting some knowledge about the history of Myanmar. The place is located on the bank of the Ayeyarwady River and has much religious structure. There are many architectural sites. Hence at least two days are necessary for you to explore the place to its fullest.
• Stop at Mount Popa: - This is a great place to visit but doesn't need a whole day or a stay at a nearby place, you can simply take a detour and visit the place, you have just to have a nice climb of around 777 steps. Which you can just do in a small detour of around 4 – 5hrs.
• 2 Nights at Kalaw: - This is a small hill station in Myanmar. Tourists love this place, and after Yangon, this is the only place where people die to come. Here you will get some spectacular landscape views and some places to trek.
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!