We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free & easy in Korea

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Free & easy in Korea

Hi all , appreciated for all your help ~

I and friend plan to visit korea in May ..

As we not wish to follow tour , we wanna go free and easy ..

A few place out of seoul, we wish to visit too ..

Nami Island, Everland, Mt Seorak, Jeju Island, Busan

A few Questions to enquiry :

1) Is it possible for us to go Nami Island , Everland , mount seorak, by ourselves? if can , how to go ? by what kind of transportation , how long is take ? can go and back to seoul within 1day ?

2) Going Jeju , i can book at the agency in seoul right? around how much will it cost ?

3) HOw to go Busan ?can we go and back within 1 day ?

Thank you

This is KOREA Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Top Korea Tour - Private Day Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Color of Korea Tour
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Iamyourguide
Multi-day Tours, Day Trips, Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free & easy in Korea

Hi and welcome to the forum..

1. Yes.. you can go to the places by your own.. S.Korea's public transportation is pretty good, convenient and cheap too..

You could go to Nami Island by bus or train, but the train is the better choice, it's cheaper and you don't stuck in traffic.. about 1 hour from Seoul..

2. Yes, you can book through local travel agent. Airfares's cost will be depend on which day, date & flight times for example, Korean Airlines probably have special fares for Seoul <--> Jeju route for certain morning flight.. so make sure you get the lowest fares if you want to save money.

3. Hm.. I don't think you can enjoy Busan in one day.. Seoul to Busan take approx. 3 hrs by KTX Train. Unless you fly from Seoul (1hr) but it'll cost you more.. And while you're in Busan, you could go to Gyeongju, the Shilla capital.. about one hour from Busan by bus.

I'd suggest you to visit these websites for more info :

www.visitseoul.net

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto

www.busan.go.kr

http://seorak.knps.or.kr/eng/

https:/…index2.php

www.everland.com

www.jeju.go.kr

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free & easy in Korea

Hi, welcome to SK forum

1) Is it possible for us to go Nami Island , Everland , mount seorak, by ourselves? if can , how to go ? by what kind of transportation , how long is take ? can go and back to seoul within 1day ?

You can definitely go to above places by yourselves.

You can take train at Cheongnyangni Station to Gapyeong Station. (1 hr 20 min) From Gapyeong Station, take short bus or taxi to ferry wharf, where you can catch the ferry to Nami island.

There is also a shuttle bus that leaves from Tapgol Park in Insa-dong to ferry wharf. See more info at …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp…

To Everland, check out this web page that has pretty good information on how to get there from Seoul, …visitkorea.or.kr/ena/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp…

To Seoraksan mountain, you can take express bus from Seoul Express Bus Terminal to Sokcho Express Bus Terminal. From there you can take local bus or taxi to the entrance of the Seoraksan National Park. Although many people go there for day trip, I recommend to stay at least one night so you can properly enjoy the mountain. See more info …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp…

2) Going Jeju, i can book at the agency in seoul right? around how much will it cost?

Are you looking for packaged tour to Jeju island? You can certainly arrange it while you are at Seoul. But May is popular month so I don't know if it will be booked solid or not. Anyway check out these tours that are offered through the official travel site: …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/GK/cms_list_3157.jsp

3) HOw to go Busan ?can we go and back within 1 day ?

You can take bullet train (KTX) to Busan which will take less than 3 hrs. www.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp…

As for matter of doing Busan in one day, it's up to you, whether you are up for riding train for about 6 hrs on a day

Edited: 04 February 2010, 12:43
Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free & easy in Korea

Thank You !!

U all are very helpful

^^

4. Re: Free & easy in Korea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 15:16