We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

please let me know where is the cheapest place and can anyone give the best brand for bb cream?

Thank u

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

Just about any shopping street in Korea will have a range of cosmetics shops with reasonable prices - Missha, Tony Moly, Etude House, Face Shop, The Saem, Skin Food, Naturd Republic etc etc. Bb creeam doesn't suit my skintone, so I can't comment on which one is the beat, sorry!

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

Wow thank u debb199!! :)

Btw can u put ur advise @my previous post?

Thank u

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

I would say Myeongdong will be the best area. You can find multiple stores for Missha, Tony Moly, Etude House, Face Shop, The Saem, Skin Food, Nature Republic, Holika Holika, Aritaum (carries multiple bran), It's Skin etc. Laneige also has one store there. These stores will give you freebies to attract customers into their stores and then will give more freebies after you purchase - usually samples of their products.

For BB cream, it really depends on your skintone/type. The Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream SPF25 PA++ is apparently the best selling right now... but I am using Skin79 and like it very much. I couldnt find the retail store for Skin79 but they have a counter at Doota (Doosan Tower) in Dongdaemun.

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

Hi lilacsugar.. Thank u for ur recommendation :) can't wait to go there already hahahaha

Btw do you know Hanskin? Is that good? Because all my friends just bought that when they going to korea..

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

Hi lilacsugar.. Thank u for ur recommendation :) can't wait to go there already hahahaha

Btw do you know Hanskin? Is that good? Because all my friends just bought that when they going to korea..

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

Buying skincare is not as easy as buying apples at market. Every person have different types of skin, complexion and concern. Just because your friends bought the specific brand doesn't meant it'll suit your skin needs too...

Edited: 20 April 2012, 10:44
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

reclat is right. it really depends on your skin type.

i saw shops selling hanskin but have never tried it. i suggest you go to the shop, ask for an english speaking sales assistant (they usually have at least 1 person who can speak english) and let her know your needs (whether you want a BB cream, face mask, moisturiser, serum etc) and skin condition - for example oily skin, dry skin or combination. for me, one of my concerns is whether the product is suitable for singapore's weather which tends to make my skin oily so i will ensure that i used products that absorbs well and not leave my skin sticky and oily - usually water-based.

all the brands have their own best selling products and different people buy different items from different brands, or some may stick to one brand. so really depends. for the creams, lotions etc, you can always get the sales assistant to try some on your skin.. you can always try other brands, not necessarily hanskin just because your friends bought hanskin :)

Jakarta
Level Contributor
182 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

I tried all the sample they were given when I was there, so I can decide which brand suit me. :)

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

Hahahaha okay" thank u all :) :) :)

Edmonton, Alberta...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: where to buy cosmetics,skincare and bb cream?

You can buy lots of South Korean Products at https://www.goodforlooks.com

They offer free international shipping.