We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query on taking the ITX

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Query on taking the ITX

Dear all,

I am planning a free and easy trip to Gapyeong area. But I am stuck on the transportation.

I am styaing in Myeongdong, so I have planned the following route:

Take Subway from Euljiro1 (Green line 2)

Head towards Euljiro3(sam)-ga towards Wangsimni

Transfer train onto light blue line and head to Cheongnyangni (19 minute)

1050 Won

Exit 4 to go Cheongnyangni Train Station (to buy tickets)

Head to Cheongpyeong Station

Note Exit 1 – Tourism Centre

Exit 2 to the bus stop to catch Gapyeong City Tour bus at 1005am.

The problem is, I do not know how to buy the ITX tickets to go from Cheongnyangi Train station to Cheongpyeong Station.

When I go into Korail website, I can choose Cheongnyangni as the departure. But I cannot locate Cheongpyeong Station in the arrival list. May I know why is that so?

Is this the best method to go Gapyeong?

Alternatively, does anyone have experience booking a taxi driver for the day tour? any recommendation please?

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Query on taking the ITX

I dont think u can squeeze all 3 places in 1 day. My last trip in Nov, I went to garden of morning calm & nami in 1 day. u should be able to find cheongpyeong station in the website, I didnt book online though just browse thru to check the timing & price of the tickets. I also stayed in myeong dong & bought the tickets on the same day at the ticketing machine at cheongyangni. Like what nutzz has mentioned in the earlier post, u dont hv to exit to buy the tickets, its inter connected. But do remember to tap your Tmoney card just next to the itx ticket machine before u board the train to cheongpyong.

If u taking the gapyeong circle tour bus, do check the timing if it fits your itineary, I took their local bus at cheongpyeong bus terminal to garden of morning calm & from there took the gapyeong bus to nami wharf.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Query on taking the ITX

HI, I manage to do a screen capture. Wanted to consult all of you how come I dont see Cheongpyeong station on the selection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92422767@N03/8400627113/

Thanks~!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Query on taking the ITX

Hi, typo mistake on my previous post

for the "Arrival" (not "Departure") you can click on the letter C and scroll down to see Cheongpyeong. And you have to select ITX-Cheongchun in the scroll down for Train

Can you read Chinese? I will pass you the links mentioned tonight in the email

(need to use the computer at home)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Query on taking the ITX

I just went in the website to check, strangely it didnt have the cheongpyeong station. So i tried to key cheongpyeong manually into the box & click enquiry, and it works, the schedule is out for your booking. So for departure, u choose cheongyangni, arrival key in cheongpyeong station, remember to click the ITX chuncheon, no. of pax then click enquiry to proceed

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Query on taking the ITX

This is weird~ Could it be browser issues?

Here is a screenshot with Cheongpyeong Station right next to Cheongnyangni

…staticflickr.com/8366/8400718467_84bf97d11f…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Query on taking the ITX

rayevang

thanks for pointing that out. think my eyes really playing tricks on me, just cant find it at that moment haha...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Query on taking the ITX

Hey, really thanks all of you for your help!!!!

I really appreciate it. this actually helps me to wrap up one more day of my itinerary hehehee

i chose Garden of MOrning Calm and Petite France instead of Nami Island, hope this is the right choice. cannot possibly cover all 3 places in a day.

My eyes still cannot see Cheongpyeong in the website heee, but I tried to type the word and it works, thanksa lot!!

18. Re: Query on taking the ITX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 13:15