We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Seoul this October

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 days in Seoul this October

I will soon be visiting Seoul (again 🤗🤗🤗) by the end of this month. My boyfriend wants to do a bit of sightseeing , shopping , drinking...

So we have 4 full days to spend and here goes my itinerary.

Day 1

Arrival afternoon

Gyeongbukjung Palace

Namsan Tower

Itaewon at night

Day 2

Everland (booking a trip withtransfer and entrance ticket)

Day 3

Nami / Petite France / Garden of morning calm

Night out

Day 4

Bukchon Hanok village

Changdeokgung Palace

Myeong dong shopping

Now I have a few questions:

* I want to use the express train (AREX) from the incheon airport to Myeong dong, can I use the TMONEY CARD for this trip?

* Can this Tmoney card be used also on the subways that I will take to NAMI ISLAND (Gapyeong station)???

* Is it worth it to book a Tour for the Nami island/Petitefrance etc., or just do it by ourselves??

* Anything / anywhere else you can suggest to go to? Like Gangnam Etc..

Thank you in advance!!

12 replies to this topic
Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

* I want to use the express train (AREX) from the incheon airport to Myeong dong, can I use the TMONEY CARD for this trip?

*** Express train (NON STOP) has a different ticket. You cannot use T Money there. But if you'll opt the ALL STOP train, T Money can be used. I suggest riding the ALL STOP train as aside from the fact that you can use the T Money (and way cheaper), there is only roughly 15 mins difference compared to the non stop one.

* Can this Tmoney card be used also on the subways that I will take to NAMI ISLAND (Gapyeong station)???

*** Yes.

* Is it worth it to book a Tour for the Nami island/Petitefrance etc., or just do it by ourselves??

*** I suggest going there by yourselves instead of booking a tour. At least you can easily manage your own time and pace

Your itinerary looks fine already, but if you have spare time to spend, you can also go to Olympic Park, Seoul Forest, Children's Grand Park for some autumn foliage sight seeing.

Edited: 13 October 2017, 14:19
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
135 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

With T-Money card, you can pay for every subway line in Gyeonggido Province including airport trains.

Upon reservation at the website, you can enter the pavilion Gyeonghoiru locating in Gyeongbokgung. After watching Gyeonbokgung, escape it through the east gate. There's a street with fine ambience called as 'Samcheong-dong' to the east. If you go further, you can also get to Bukchon Hanok Village locating west of Changdeokgung. And Jongmyo Shrine is locating south of Changdeokgung.

Gyeongbokgung->Samcheong-dong->Bukchon Hanok Village

Gwangjang Market is close from Changdeokgung and it's good to try Korean foods and drink.

When you go down from N Seoul Tower, the way to Hayatt Hotel is the closest from Itaewon if you take a walk.

In Gapyeong County, there's the another island called as Jaraseom. If there's any event, it's also nice to visit.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

@Tinacasey

Thank you for that! And I will note down the other places you suggested. 😍

Would you know the last trip of the bus to Gapyeing station? Cos I wouldnt want to miss it if we’re doing the trip by ourselves.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

@JH L

Thank you for the directions and suggestions. I will note that as well.

Do you mean I can “walk” from Gyeongbokjung palace to Bukchon Village

and

From namsan tower to Itaewon?

If so, thats great! :)

One more thing, can I pay the entrance fees on the day of visit or is it better to book online? For the palaces.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

For going to Nami Island, you should take the ITX Train from Yongsan Station. It will save you more than one hour of time. You also get a reserved seat and it's more comfort. The subway can be full with hikers carrying bags and being annoying and people even sit on the floors at busy times.

To get around from Nami to Petit France and around Chuncheon area, you should reserve the Gapyeong City Tour Bus. It's too expensive and far to take taxis everywhere around the countryside.

Absolutely spend an evening in Hongdae enjoying the nightlife, food, street snacks, shopping. Very vibrant young area since there is a university nearby and tons of cheap bars and restaurants.

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

I actually didn't take a bus going to Gapyeong, just transferred trains via the local subways, but it is quite time consuming given the waiting time on train transfers. If you want to save time, you can also take mhollifield's advise on taking the ITX (though I haven't tried that yet). I think you need to book a ticket via Korail site (online) in advance (Chuncheon or Yongsan to Gapyeong), and reserve a seat prior going to Korea (you cannot use T Money in that case).

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

Ooopsss, I think you're referring to the local bus from Nami to Gapyeong,right? Actually, I'm not sure of its schedule since yes, I did not take the bus, though. I took taxi :) it would be a lot easier if you'll take a taxi instead. It's still cheap since it's not too far (taxi fare, if I remember correctly, was only at around 3500-4500 won).

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

Sorry, Cheongnyangni not Chuncheon (as what I mentioned in post# 6)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

I saw the Korail website and its around 3000won for one trip on ITX.. So from Yongsan I can take the train to Cheongnangni and then? Take another subway?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 days in Seoul this October

Can I book it the night before my planned trip?? And what if I miss the time slot for the train then I lose the ticket already?

Sorry I have too much questions. Hehe

Reply to: 4 days in Seoul this October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted