We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocket wifi recommendation

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pocket wifi recommendation

Me and my husband will be arriving on the 19/10 and will spend 4nights in Busan and 5 nights in Seoul but due to our work back home we would like to be connected to the internet the entire time, what a holiday right!!! We would like to pick up pocket wifi from Incheon, any recommendation on which company we could do that?

Can we just contact them upon arrival or should we pre book before flying to Incheon?

thank u

Edited: 14 October 2017, 18:50
11 replies to this topic
Asia
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

-check if you are renting the airport is the same airport you are arriving and departing with

-when your arrival /departure time on getting/returning the wifi meets the schedule when the office is still open

-check with your accommodation if they offer pocket (egg) wifi

MYP
Assendelft, The...
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

I used SK and had a good experience with them. I think you get some discounts when makin an advance reservation.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

I used Pocket Wifi Korea a while ago and they were great, I pre-booked it and met them in Incheon to pick it up - although when I hired it, I met them in a random seating area and they didn't speak any english, though I just showed them the confirmation email and it was all fine.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

KT and SKT are the two largest companies in Korea. They both offer reservations online for a device. If you want to reserve one to be sure you get one, go ahead. There's no cost for a reservation.

They offer these directly. Any other "cheaper" companies are still using their network but typically offer inferior customer service or lower quality access to the network.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

thank you all!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

Hi there, u seem like an expert on all things in South Korea so im wondering if you can help me with this!? I book the KR Rail ticket online just now but when i want to book the 12.30pm train from Seoul to Busan on 19th Oct, i got this error msg: WRT800055EN: You have selected the date which is not available. Please, select again.

So now im panicing!! im i doing this too close to the date?? Can i just give them my ticket number at the station to pick the seat and time then?

Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

I do not understand the error message.

But i have encountered such online problem and it was because the particular timeslot was full.

Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

oh. btw no need to lose sleep over this. I find the staff manning the KTX counters very professional, albeit most are not proficient in English. If you have your confirmation details, their booking is good. You will surely get your tickets at the counter.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

thank you that is a relief!

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pocket wifi recommendation

I'm in Korea now and booked through trazy, but @ discount price through sk telecom and it's great.

https:/…portable-wifi-rental-korea

Reply to: Pocket wifi recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted