We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dec. in Seoul for 3 days

New York City, New...
11 posts
Save Topic
Dec. in Seoul for 3 days

Hi,

So I will have 3 full days in Seoul arriving on Saturday, Dec. 9 at 5:30 am, and leaving Monday, Dec. 11 at 9:30 pm. I will be staying at Skypark Myeongdong 1. Trying to build an itinerary and wanted some help/suggestions.

Saturday:

1) Namdaemun Market - was thinking of leaving my luggage at the hotel and going straight there. How is it in the morning, say around 9 am? Are there enough shops and food stalls open to justify going?

2) Lotte Mart at Seoul Station - either go instead of or after Namdaemun Market. Is it crazy crowded on a Saturday morning/noontime? I think it's closed on the Sunday I will be there and I really want to finish my packing before my last day if possible.

3) Shop for skincare/cosmetics at Myeongdong

4) Booked a 6:30 pm Namsan Tower tour with Trazy (still deciding if I would just DIY for more flexibility)

Sunday:

1) Gwanghwamun Square

2) Gyeongbokgung Palace - will not do a tour

3) Samcheong-Dong

4) Bukchon Hanok Village

5) Insadong

6) Joygesa Temple

7) Cheonggyecheon Stream - just to see the night lights in that same area

Is this too much? Should I break it up on two days and how would you do it?

Monday:

Two options...

1A: Take the free bus from my hotel to Seoul Station at 9 am and check in my bags at Korean Air

1B: Go to Lotte Mart at Seoul Station and somehow find a way to store and pack my luggage or bring it back to the hotel. Either take the limo bus (is traffic bad around 4-6 pm) or go to Seoul station to check in and take train.

Two options...

2A: Break up my Sunday itinerary

2B: Iwha Mural Village and Fortress Wall

How does this look? Should I flip my Saturday and Monday and make that last day my shopping day at Myeongdong (and just go for a morning trip to Namsan Tower w/o tour)? I would also love to squeeze in a visit at Dongdaemun Plaza since my hotel offers free shuttle bus until late at night.

Thanks!

Lotte World Tower & Mall
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Observation Decks & Towers, Shopping Malls,
Namdaemun Market
Flea & Street Markets,
Garosu-gil
Neighbourhoods,
4 replies to this topic
Asia
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dec. in Seoul for 3 days

Sunday is a very long walk, but very accessible to each other.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dec. in Seoul for 3 days

It sounds like you have filled in your schedule well. As the other psoter said, Sunday is a long day of walking but it is totally doable as they are all in the same general downtown area.

As far as shopping, yes Lotte Mart is always crowded on weekends. Every one of them throughout Seoul will be haha.

And don't pay f or a Trazy Tour to see a tower and walk around a park that's in the middle of a city. That's a HUGE waste of money. You can take a taxi up there for 5$ yourself.

New York City, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dec. in Seoul for 3 days

Thanks, is Namdaemun Market good to visit early Saturday morning? Are most stalls and food stands open at say around 9 am?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dec. in Seoul for 3 days

Definitely too early. Most presumably don't open until 10-11 and get busy until around lunchtime/afternoon (when everyone wakes up and stats to enjoy their weekend off).

Reply to: Dec. in Seoul for 3 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted