We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Korea in April

Singapore
13 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Korea in April

Hi,

I will be going to Korea from 15 Apr to 22 Apr. Can anyone advise the weather there? Do I need to bring winter wear?

And, what are the souvenirs and goodies to get from Korea?

Thanks.

Seoul in Korea
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Korea in April

Hi.

I'm not perfect at English so please understand.

First you need not to bring winter wear.

In Korea, April is spring and quite warm.

Day's temperature in Seouls is about 15℃.

Next, Korean souvenir : fan, A mask (Ha Hoi Tal), dolls,..

So many good souvenirs there.

Welcome to Korea.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Korea in April

the weather is warm-ish, but is still a bit chilly. id sugest a light jacket.

for souvenirs, i suggest insa-dong.

it is to the north of the han river and is a famous historic area full of little winding streets of cultural souvenirs: orante fans, jewlery boxes, tea sets, hanboks (traditional dress) the works. there are also many very cute teahouses. it is also the center of the korean art world -so many little galleries and fun cultural museums. very easy to get to by subway - three lines go there.

for fun goodies that include korean fashio and jewlery, i suggest myong-dong and idae (ewha women's university ) . both areas have really cheap, unique jewelry stores. lots of way-forward thinking korean fashion too. a girl could spend hours- i think.

remember- unless you are in a department store or the item is tagged with a price tag- prices in korea are always negotiable. haggling is an artform. enjoy your stay!

singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Korea in April

Hi,

I will be going to Seoul again around that period too. My Korean teacher told me that it will not be too warm or cold during April. The weather would be just right. But I suggest that u bring along some light jackets just in case it gets chilly at night.

Also, I agree that Insadong is a good place for souvenirs. You can get really nice Korean fans, bookmarks and ginseng chocolates there. A Korean spoon and fork set is quite cheap over at Insadong as well. It is only about $2 per set so u can get them as souvenirs too.

4. Re: Weather in Korea in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 05:16