We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seoul covid

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Seoul covid
Save

What's the currant situation with covid in seoul and when do you think it will be open for tourists in 2022 I'm fully vaccinated and had booster

11 replies to this topic
3 posts
1. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Must quarantine for 7 days.

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
56 reviews
59 helpful votes
2. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Right now, Omicron is BLOWING UP. We have doubled our cases week after week in just two weeks time. We were 8,000 a day nationwide two weeks ago and now almost 40,000 today.

I would not come now. That's because at any time, as a tourist, if you get COVID, you are sent to a treatment facility since you cannot speak Korean. Many foreigners there now say that they even have a stranger as a roommate. Far from ideal.

If you do come, 7 days quarantine is required at government facility for 840,000W for 7 days.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
27 helpful votes
3. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Im planing to visit early May 2022 hoping this covid situation would be better and quarantine would be lifted and restrictions eased. Do you think its realistic or should I postpone ?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Hi So I landed in Seoul and tested positive . I was negative when I flew out of India just 24 hours earlier. So Public health authority allowed me to quarantine here at my accomodation. I will need to to a PCR after my quarantine to be able to board a flight back home. But I am not able to find any testing centers online. I am staying close to DDP . Someone please help in giving me address of any testing centre close by. Also I believe cabs are difficult to get here. How do I get a cab ?

2: Also does one get any letter / certificate on completion of quarantine ?

Asia
Level Contributor
54 posts
5. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Hi so you did not have to go to quarantine facility? At least that sounds better

Bangalore District...
2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Seoul covid
Save

hello Sonal, thanks for sharing your experience. When you say that you could quarantine at your accommodation, was this accommodation a private residence or Hotel?

Thanks!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
6 helpful votes
7. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Hi so the lady from PHA said that if the hotel allows me to stay then I could quarantine in the hotel itself . She did not suggest a facility centre .. luckily the hotel also was ok with me extending the stay and paying for it .. so I completely quarantined in the hotel

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
6 helpful votes
8. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Hi

It was a hotel.. but I did search online and there were some good covid friendly stays and hotels there which I would have shifted to has my hotel refused to let me stay there

Bangalore District...
2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Thankyou very much, this is really helpful

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Seoul covid
Save

Hi Sonalg432, can i ask which hotel you stayed at?

Reply to: Seoul covid
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.